Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What 'signal' do you use to let your oh know you fancy getting jiggly?

(137 Posts)
janji Sat 16-Feb-13 21:53:30

Girls night in and discussing the subtle or not so subtle ways we all let our ohs know 'we're in the mood.' Must admit, after 19 yrs together mine is a simple 'you fancy a cuddle' (with raised eyebrows). Not exactly seductibpve I know!!

ZipItShrimpy Thu 21-Mar-13 16:49:16

If I am in bed and he is spooning me I might start backwards thrusting. Christ, I am beyond sexy. If he's interested he will be sticking his boner into my back. Rarhh!

If we are downstairs and are child free one of us might suggest some 'Luvvin'

Or more often than not we might just start with a kiss and then get all horny and go from there. I quite pleased to say that even after 16 years we still totally fancy each other! grin

ouryve Thu 21-Mar-13 16:24:36

He just knows. Probably because I kiss him back just a bit more at bedtime and don't slap his hands if they wander.

fuzzpig Thu 21-Mar-13 16:19:11

I love this thread.

OwnedByACockerSpaniel Thu 21-Mar-13 15:35:27

I normally drop him a text that says "sex?" even if he is sat next to me on the sofa hahaha

sjupes Thu 21-Mar-13 14:25:07

Wibk? Oooookaay... wink

sjupes Thu 21-Mar-13 14:24:26

Dp - wanna suck my cock? <said repeatedly every day till i give in>

Dp - you shaved that thing?

Dp - i'm gonna burst you tonight blush

Me- lie on couch in chemise with boobs and bits out till he can't help himself grin

Me - wanna have sex? Dp - anal? Me - get to fuck! dp - sake ok then if you really want to

Me - i'm tired wanna have a wee bit of shit sex then go to sleep? Dp - spose so...

God when did sex get so crude [wibk]

Sometimes I'll say 'Fancy an early night?' Occasionally he takes the hint. But the only thing guaranteed to work is slipping on something less comfortable. That said, I don't do it all the time as he has a lower sex drive than I do so don't want to feel like I'm putting pressure on him. Would be nice if he initiated it more.

Fallenangle Thu 21-Mar-13 12:20:25

He is always up for it, so no need for any communication there. If I am really in the mood I'll wear a skirt or dress in the evening, he then knows he is on to a dead cert. We have three DDs, so his finding out whether or not out I am wearing stockings underneath, without them noticing, is a challenge he enthusiastically accepts.

MooMooSkit Thu 21-Mar-13 12:17:23

DP has a low sex drive I think for a man (and compared to me) so i rarely try it on as he usually has issues if he knows he has to "perform" so we rarely do it at the moment, if he wants it he usually just spoons me so i can feel his thingy against me :P

NippyDrips Thu 21-Mar-13 12:06:13

Lmao at feed the hedgehog!

Dp has a very low sex drive so I tend not to say anything for fear of pressuring him.

Samu2 Thu 21-Mar-13 11:45:47

Last night I told him that I was giving him advance warning that I was going to screw him.

I am so romantic!!

Lucylloyd13 Wed 20-Mar-13 15:46:33

I ask him whether he would like to feed the hedgehog?

msrisotto Tue 05-Mar-13 17:12:38

Usually "fancy some" followed by suggestive eyebrow waggling, winking and comedy growling. Or it might be as simple as "Fancy having the sexuals?", or just getting progressively more touchy feely in bed!

elly67jo Tue 05-Mar-13 16:52:14

Had to bump this as best laugh in ages. Am off work with flu and is just what I needed.

sweetpud Tue 05-Mar-13 16:29:45

Some of these responses are sooo funny, at least it has helped cheer up my day! :-)

WiganKebab Mon 25-Feb-13 20:50:33

I disagree re Dusty - not sad, just the way some of us are built?

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Sat 23-Feb-13 22:34:30

Aww Dusty that's so sad. Are you ok with that?

BitOutOfPractice Sat 23-Feb-13 19:01:29

I'm in a new relationship so we talk about it (and do it!) a lot. So I might text him "Kids are out. Fancy a fuck?"

singaporefling Sat 23-Feb-13 18:41:09

Haha dustybum - deadfish sooooo much easier..my dp cant believe his luck most of the time.. Combination of being frisky/not knackerd/no 'distractions'... Rare indeed..

dustybum Fri 22-Feb-13 23:35:25

I never say anything, tbh - I have a v v shy libido and any kind of dirty talk sends it running for the hills, I just feel like a total wally talking about sex. So we'll have a hug and it'll turn a bit squeezy and then someone's hands are in the other one's clothes and we just sort of go from there. Or if we're in bed spooning, I'll shove my bum at him in an enticing manner. grin I'm so rarely up for it that when I finally am he spots the signs instantly, poor sod. Normally I just flop on my side of the bed like a dead fish and stay put all night.

singaporefling Fri 22-Feb-13 22:25:54

Am not remotely shy/coy in any other area of life, but become rather pathetic/nervous... And we've been together YEARS.... I usually say.. "Shall we have a rest/can I put my head on your chest and smell you/can I suck your bottom lip".... Usually does the trick... Or I go into the bathroom for aaages, usually faffing for so long he's in danger of nodding off..and 'emerge' in a slinky-ish nighty, always feeling faintly ridiculous like someone from a carry-on film! Have even been known to 'loiter' in the doorway (before I 'slide' along the room as if my backside is glued to the wall!) I still find him absurdly gorgeous/hunky/intimidatingly confident and have always felt/known that he's 'out of my league' and am STILL amazed that he wants to make love/have sex (so enthusiastically) with me...

WiganKebab Fri 22-Feb-13 22:12:02

And what's the signal that you use to shoe that you, in no uncertain terms, most definitely do NOT feel like getting jiggy???

Coconutty Fri 22-Feb-13 09:17:22

I may use some of these ideas, not all at once though. Don't want to be shouting woof while wearing a Basque and trying to grope him, he'll think I've lost my mind.

TDada Fri 22-Feb-13 08:27:34

Just tie the bastard to the bed, I say

Kione Fri 22-Feb-13 08:25:00

Last night DP tidied up the room and left on top of the lovely made bed: my basque (tasteful and hides my tummy, I like it no probs there) and stockings and high heel shoes!! Subtle??? well it worked and he was so happy that then he brought me supper in bed grin
I am still on the stage where I am trying to enjoy those things, but how can you say no when he is so nice...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now