Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I've never admitted our problems on MN before...

(102 Posts)
Chubfuddler Sun 03-Feb-13 05:07:58

But I've read an awful lot of threads about abusive husbands. And imagining what my thread would look like, imagining your replies, knowing what you would say (because I've read the same threads over and over, and even dished out advice I wasn't ready to take myself) finally gave me the courage to leave.

The DCs and are are crammed in my mums spare room. For a while my life will be a topsy turvey mess but I don't care.

Because no man is ever going to hit me again.

So thank you. From the bottom of my heart.

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Tue 05-Feb-13 10:10:48

Chub you are amazing! <stamps foot>

The main thing to focus on is you did get out, and you have therefore provided your DC's with a much more stable and loving future.

mcmooncup Tue 05-Feb-13 10:23:27

Well done Chub, it really is great news smile
I understand you not feeling great.....the realisation of what you've been living like is pretty devastating.
I always thought I was a confident strong person so how could this have happened to me?!?! I just didn't get it.

The only thing 2 years later is that yes I am confident and strong like I thought, I just had NO idea about boundaries with male relationships for many many reasons.....dad relationship, society bullshit pressuring women to put up and shut up....I could go on.
Opening your eyes is unsettling and scary but ultimately it really makes for true happiness and authenticity. Stick with it, educate yourself, talk and NEVER be ashamed grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now