Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Not sure if anyone would know?

(9 Posts)
freezearseholes Wed 30-Jan-13 20:22:33

Not sure if anyone would know if you can request a psychiatric assessment for your husband. I am having counselling for severe problems in our marriage after trying to leave, but not successful yet! My counsellor has suggested that I try and get an assessment for my husband, as he tried to kill himself making sure I would find him and threatened suicide again recently because I tried to leave him and other problems beside this.

tattoosarenotallowed Wed 30-Jan-13 20:23:38

Don't threaten. Just leave.

Lueji Wed 30-Jan-13 21:09:07

Yes, leave.

pictish Wed 30-Jan-13 21:10:11

I say leave here too.

He sounds supremely manipulative.

Leverette Wed 30-Jan-13 21:17:57

If he has tried to kill himself (no matter how feeble the attempt) then yes, he should receive a psych assessment.

You can make an appointment with his GP and describe his behaviours and your concerns.

Hissy Wed 30-Jan-13 21:20:26

Yes, leave.

tattoosarenotallowed Wed 30-Jan-13 21:22:18

His problems are not your problem, but HE is.

Please don't waste time and energy trying to understand or fix this man - you can't and you will drive yourself to distraction in the trying to. You really need to leave - get out and stay out. And leave him to sort his own head out.

Hassled Wed 30-Jan-13 21:25:44

Agree you should leave - it sounds like manipulation rather than actual suicidal thoughts.

But if we're all wrong and he is suicidal, who else can take over the reins? Does he have siblings, parents? I think you should do what you can to ensure he gets some help, but that doesn't mean you don't protect yourself as well.

izzyizin Wed 30-Jan-13 22:04:20

If he's unwilling to submit to one, you'll have great difficulty getting a pysch assessment for your h.

When you found him apparently in the act of doing away with himself, did you call the police/amublance service?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now