Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why are so many people up at this hour ?

(1000 Posts)
SummerDad Sun 27-Jan-13 01:25:39

Just wondering ...

Never got the desk shock he still got in before me. I was there at 8.15 too- very annoyed I was!

I couldn't say no either. DS loved it, he used to pat and kiss my boob. grin

SummerDad Tue 05-Feb-13 21:56:56

I am already here wink kitty, planning to start trying to sleep at midnight grin not sure what to do for these two hours. I am bored watching tv, movies on my own <sigh>

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Tue 05-Feb-13 21:59:36

Mine too! And she tweaks one nipple while feeding on the other. It's lovely.

Damn that corner desk hogger
<shakes fist>

SummerDad Tue 05-Feb-13 22:03:02

ehm ...

A long bath Summerdad? With lavender and stuff and whale music? grin

SummerDad Tue 05-Feb-13 22:08:32

but that will make me sleep Stairs grin ...

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Tue 05-Feb-13 22:13:03

summerdad shock
Was that aimed at me?

SummerDad Tue 05-Feb-13 22:25:05

what was aimed at you kitty? I aimed nothing at nobody grin

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Tue 05-Feb-13 22:39:30

Sorry summerdad I totally misunderstood your 'ehm' blush

My apologies smile

SummerDad Tue 05-Feb-13 22:43:10

don't apologise please, I read my messages again and my message was rather at wrong place at wrong time, apologies smile

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Tue 05-Feb-13 23:47:58

S'ok smile

Nearly bedtime now grin

cafecito Wed 06-Feb-13 01:05:16

what've I missed? grin nipples I see

I totally crashed the other day - I flipped a coin (yes, I really did) and staggered home at 6am, slept all day (ah, a luxury I shan't have in a while) but then was up til 4am the next day (in a cafe in central london cramming eating croissant) and then went to bed and slept.. tonight was supposed to be a nightshift, a real one where I actually have to see patients, but 'phoned it in' blush as jillian michaels would say.. now have spent whole day freaking about exams which has meant I have done anything BUT study - sheesh

so I am home, and going to try and sleep soonish- and then I will be up all tomorrow night for sure as I have a big scary exam to be at by 8.30am the next morning (and knowing me, I'd sleep right through it)

prepare for cafecito and coffee aplenty tomorrow night

hope none of you are about though! well done on the sleeping grin

izzyizin Wed 06-Feb-13 01:17:23

A good night's sleep is a dim and distant memory sad

I was up all last night doing what I should have done during the daylight hours when I become a tea drinking snooze grabbing zombie. I didn't dare come on mumsnet otherwise there would have been another pile of work to add to the backlog.

On a brighter note , my snazzy new Ossenberg crutches have arrived. They're available in yellow but as it looks to be a tad too in your face colour for my taste I chose blackberry, a muted purple shade which won't look out of place in a fancy establishment - not that I'm getting to many of those these days.

They've got reflectors (!) on the front and rear of the arm pieces. All they need is go faster stripes. and possibly fluffy dice. and I'll be revving round Brand's Hatch grin

How are you Altinkum? Have you had a home visit from a doc or got yourself to hospital?

cafecito Wed 06-Feb-13 01:29:32

your crutches sound rather fabulous izzy but sorry you're not sleeping

yes I become a tea drinking coffee guzzling zombie in daylight too, despite my very best intentions

altkinmum, just seen your post- how awful, I hope yiou're being taken care of you really should be in hospital - x

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Wed 06-Feb-13 06:42:39

summerdad did you sleep?

Everyone else?

I got 5.5 hours broken by a little quack- glorious

Izzy congratulations on your mulberry lovelies grin they sound amazing.

cafecito good luck with your exam thanks

SummerDad Wed 06-Feb-13 06:47:36

kittymorning, yes I had a broken sleep, every time I got up I did check this thread though smile

Lueji Wed 06-Feb-13 07:48:35

Not very late or early now, I know, but just to report that I have just finished the project proposal (pretty much) after being up since 5am.
I'll be sure to have a full night's sleep at least for the next two weeks. smile

MrsShrek3 Wed 06-Feb-13 08:51:07

aaaages since I caught up on this thread...have read the last few posts and pmsl a bit where appropriate. I've resisted coming on here at stupid o'clock in case it keeps me awake hmm grin bugger that then, it clearly didnt work.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Wed 06-Feb-13 22:39:48

Well done lueji grin enjoy your Grande kippola

Welcome back MrsShrek smile

I'm on the mumsnet Android app. I've just downloaded it. It's really odd confused will take some getting used to.

cafecito Thu 07-Feb-13 01:13:27

ooh apps scare me, I am such a technophobe I bought an ipad mini more than a month ago (christmas present to self) and it is STILL unopened, in its box,inside a bag, on the top of my bookcase hmm I bought it to help me learn things for THESE exams ... never did I think I would be scared of it

cafecito Thu 07-Feb-13 01:16:27

hello by the way - if you see me here for, hmm, 2 hours, shout at me to go away - I am meant to be working not MNing... but shall indeed be up all night. Sadly my tea is a revolting centile of stone cold and I have again left my woolies with the bodies in the basement. *waaa...

the good news is, that I feel awake! hurrah!

now, on to the HUGE PILE OF THINGS I HAVEN'T COVERED AT ALL NOT EVEN ONCE YET

*sobs... future career flashes before eyes... *sobs some more... looks around for escape.. loses focus...*found maniacally hitting the coffee machine in a disused corridor at 7am by a cleaner.. carried away....

How is everyone this morning still wide awake as still staring at my phone for most of the day waiting for a call from angency for work got told on tues to not keep calling asking for work but cant go anywhere incase get called sigh bread sandwichs next week again heavy sigh oh and got a rejection email today for a job as a cleaner wails

cafecito Thu 07-Feb-13 01:36:36

sorry about that stars - do you work nights? or just miserable about it generally? what do you mainly do?

cafecito Thu 07-Feb-13 01:37:39

I used to live with someone who only did supply teaching, they HAD to wait by the phone on the days they had said they were available - and then often wouldn't get called, was very frustrating for them

I prefer nights as better money ie 6:58 a hour did royal mail over xmas and hoped the angency would pick me up for the year but again as last year i havent grr so to bring in money i done min wage contracts tis sole destoying would love to be back in a office doing postroom or filing clerk ( which i did for 8 weeks last year though have lots of pervoius exepernice) but having a degree which i did to not be on benfits hasnt helped i change my cv about etc for jobs but yet again dont get anyway sigh i cant do telephone customer service as being dislexic i cant type and talk at the same time. Its a good job i have my colouring books to destress and dp who is angency too tells me not to worry but having had 2weeks of no work im flapping anyway thankyou for letting me vent will try and get sleeps sorry no paragrahs on phone and it wont let me

This thread is not accepting new messages.