Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Unfriending in real life.

(5 Posts)
motherdelicious Sun 20-Jan-13 17:19:05

Thanks, everyone.
I think you are right, Oldbagwantsnewbag.

As you have a common social circle continue to see her in group settings but make yourself unavailable when it would just be you and her.

I wouldn't have a heart to heart - no matter how kindly you put it the bottom line is you don't want to spend time with her anymore. Just let the friendship drift and allow her to find a replacement for you. Also, it may make things difficult for the rest of your social group - they may feel they can't invite you both along to things then if they invite one and not the other it'll look like they're taking sides so I'd keep your feelings about her to yourself.

dequoisagitil Sat 19-Jan-13 22:03:31

Fade out.

gimmecakeandcandy Sat 19-Jan-13 22:00:17

No need for a heart to heart, just disengage?

motherdelicious Sat 19-Jan-13 21:55:16

Any advice?
Situation : met thru mums group, have a common social circle but have realised we are too different (e.g. Take on life, parenting styles, work ethic, interests)
Lone ranger it or have a heart to heart?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now