Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Skyebluesapphire goes onwards and upwards

(1000 Posts)
imdreamingofaskyebluechristmas Tue 11-Dec-12 18:56:56

New thread - link to my old thread for my own purposes.

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1548615-How-do-you-eat-an-elephant-One-bite-at-a-time

Onwards and upwards..... through Christmas and beyond..

Fab news, skye! smile

wheredidiputchristmas Tue 18-Dec-12 09:53:19

That's good news Skye, New year New start.

tribpot Tue 18-Dec-12 10:33:25

Good news skye!

captainmummy Tue 18-Dec-12 10:48:01

Excellent Skye - you can breathe again (for a bit!)

One less thing to stress about.

Allalonenow Tue 18-Dec-12 10:51:28

Great news Skye, what a relief for you, and a good omen for a bright future.

imdreamingofaskyebluechristmas Tue 18-Dec-12 11:12:25

It is fantastic news and a weight off my mind. The valuation needs to be done, but the Loan to Value rate is pretty good as Im borrowing less than half of the value of the house, so that shouldnt be a problem.

well I havent cried yet today. It's only 11am though so still plenty of time, lol.

I'm working at home this morning, then having my hair done this afternoon as I had to rearrange the appointment from when I was sick. Having eyebrows waxed on Thursday, so will be all lovely looking for Christmas. Going out for a meal with friends on Friday, then back to our local pub as its Factory Friday. Trying to look forward to that.

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Tue 18-Dec-12 11:25:28

Now Skye, good things DO happen to good people, that's brilliant.

imdreamingofaskyebluechristmas Tue 18-Dec-12 12:08:18

I just received a Christmas card from friends up in Scotland, in Caithness. We havent visited them since MS was born, but we used to go up there every couple of years.

I decided to ring them to explain what has happened, as XH obviously hasn't and it's the wife who is an ex work colleague of his, so more his friends than mine, although I have known the wife for years myself..

Her H is lovely. He is 60, going blind, now wears hearing aids he tells me. I explained the situation and he said that his first wife left him for his best friend. He said that he would go to work, then come home again and shut himself in his bedroom and cry for hours. I know the feeling, I said! He said that you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it is there and its just a process that you have to go through because if you dont' go through it, you will never get there...

He has been happily married to his third wife for several years now.

I'm glad that I rang him because he has made me feel better after chatting to him. His wife is going to ring me back hopefully.

Oh that's nice, Skye - it must be so hard to see from where you are, but I know lots of people ten years into happy second marriages - I honestly think that things will come right, I swear it!

It's good to reach out to people.

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Tue 18-Dec-12 12:16:54

That is so kind Skye, fancy him opening up like that. I hope you felt encouraged.

(Caithness, the land of big sky and trees leaning sideways!!).

imdreamingofaskyebluechristmas Tue 18-Dec-12 13:10:38

They used to live near Wick, the first time we went to see them we stayed at John O Groats and then visited them on the way back down. Then they moved to Midclyth and that was as high as we went.

We used to go to the Isle of Skye on holiday then visit them afterwards. XH loved Scotland and took me there the first year that we were together. We went to Edinburgh,and a few other places, then Lake District and Blackpool on the way home. He suggested it, I got excited, then he said he couldnt afford to go, so I paid for the accommodation and the fuel... should have known then really shouldn't I?!

We went to the Isle of Skye twice. A beautiful place and I was looking forward to taking Mini Skye there one day as a family. Still can I suppose! May wait til she is a bit older though so that she can really appreciate the mist and rain beautiful scenery.

Talking of omens! my engagement ring had to be enlarged as it was too small. Typical of XH, he got a size R when I had told him if he ever intended to surprise me he should get a size S..... anyway..... the ring had to be made bigger and they stretched it very thin.... We got engaged in March, married in October. The ring snapped in half around June.... I said then maybe it was a bad sign! The jeweller replaced the shank and it ended up being thicker than my wedding ring. i said then that the ring would last a life time. It certainly will now because its not being worn!

TheoxenandDonkeyskneltdown Tue 18-Dec-12 13:37:30

How odd about the ring! Definitely an omen!

T'is I, Donkeys btw, DS stumbled onto my MN nn and I've had to name change rapidly - still seasonal!

AutumnNowBleakMidwinter Tue 18-Dec-12 14:23:02

Oh hells bells, I couldn`t bring myself to say Donkey, I`m certainly not saying Ox. Will it be Ass next? Are you going for the hat trick? Can I call you Miss Hodge?

Great news about your mortgage and general finances Skye. People always say money isn`t everything, and of course it isn`t, but it certainly helps when it`s one less thing to worry about.

TheoxenandDonkeyskneltdown Tue 18-Dec-12 14:28:11

grin I hadn't thought that far ahead Autumn! Fwiw I thought your name was so poignant, then when you added "BleakMidwinter" it was even sadder, which is why I don't use it.

Some people who say, money isn't everything, presumably don't have to worry about it... but of course it isn't the be all and end all.

Must have given you a real boost Skye now enjoy your pampering this afternoon.

imdreamingofaskyebluechristmas Tue 18-Dec-12 14:36:37

Just had another call from the financial advisor to say that they have done a desktop valuation based in recent sales so they don't even need to come out!

Woooo!

Enjoy your spa-y pampering. I'm dead jealous smile

TheoxenandDonkeyskneltdown Tue 18-Dec-12 18:56:18

Are you pleased with your hair, hope you spent a pleasant time and what good news about the valuation.

imdreamingofaskyebluechristmas Tue 18-Dec-12 19:02:15

My hair is now red instead of blonde. Spur of the moment decision. Again!

TheoxenandDonkeyskneltdown Tue 18-Dec-12 19:09:39

Wow, go Skye!

captainmummy Tue 18-Dec-12 20:46:03

What's it called ? the 'divorce' haircut, or something like? We all do it, change our outer selves, as our lives change. It's a good thing -and i bet you look stunning. What does MS think?

imdreamingofaskyebluechristmas Tue 18-Dec-12 20:57:40

MS didn't say a word, lol. (just like her dad, he never noticed either...)...

So last time I went to the hairdresser I chopped half my hair off and this time I changed the colour....

my hairdresser laughed and said " I love it when you are in this sort of mood - who cares, what's the worst that can happen" ! (I said that because she was steering me towards brown but I wanted red and said sod it, do it!).

next time I will have a grade 2 or something drastic, lol.

I had tea at my mum's again tonight, my cousin and her kids came to tea and we had a lovely chat and the girls all played lovely together.

I am feeling a bit more upbeat again, no tears today....

I did email twunt to advise him that the mortgage offer has come through and that my solicitor will be in touch in the new year. He replied - Well done on the mortgage and I hope it makes things a bit easier for you" patronizing twat. I resisted the urge to text abuse back......

Well done on resisting your petty demons - it must be your inner gorgeousness shining through!

Look at the things that make you happy: seeing your DD happy, seeing your family and friends, doing a little something for you. This is the stuff you want to focus on in 2013. This is the way out of feeling bad.

tribpot Tue 18-Dec-12 22:22:59

Va va voom! Great choice of hair colour. Ds never notices when I have mine cut either and he's extremely observant in the main. I just don't think they look at us that way.

Have you got someone to get the stuff down out of the loft for you? There's more stuff than just the tree I think. Don't be afraid just to ask outright for help; I have to do it quite often because my DH is in a wheelchair, so if I need a curtain pole putting up (for example) I ask a friend to help. They can only say sorry it's not a good time.

imdreamingofaskyebluechristmas Tue 18-Dec-12 23:50:53

I have asked my neighbour repeatedly. She said she would do it today, then didnt..... my dad said he would and hasnt...

the pole to pull down the ladder is broken and if I get on a stepladder then I am afraid that the ladder will hit me, so it needs two people to do it for safety until its fixed...

There is more stuff, all my wrapping paper is up there, all the musical snowglobes and lovely Christmas things that are up there. DD did say tonight that the neighbours have their tree up too, I think she is now sad that ours isnt up, maybe if I can get the neighbour to get it down tomorrow, then we can do it when she comes home from her dads tomorrow night.

I suppose Im trying to cancel Christmas and if its not in my face looking at me then i can pretend its not happening!

Still havent wrapped one present!

I just sacked a client! I have had nothing but grief off of one person since I took them on. i received yet another email at 9.30pm tonight so I have emailed him back and copied other committee members on it and explained that I simply don't need the harrassment and stress that these email are causing by intruding on my evenings.

I have never ever sacked a client before, but this man is just impossible to work with and I have made a vow to remove all stress from my life in future, so he is first to go!

captainmummy Wed 19-Dec-12 08:13:17

Wow Skye - now that you're a red-head, you've caught a spark!

This thread is not accepting new messages.