Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Not sure if I'm being a supportive wife or a mug!!

(31 Posts)
gallifrey Sun 07-Oct-12 20:46:57

My DH has a hobby that takes up a lot of time, often at the weekends he is out at events and during the week after work he does a lot of training.
I am fully supportive of him doing all this, as he was with my passion of horses when I had one.

However I am beginning to feel a bit taken for granted, I feel like I just look after the children all the time and he goes and has fun. Next weekend we are all going away with him so he can do an ultra marathon and I've got to go and amuse 2 children for the day, but it's ok because his mum is coming with us!

However I do plan to use this to my advantage and get him to take me away someone nice for the weekend!

spookytoo Mon 08-Oct-12 20:21:19

If they 'worship him and never leave him alone' then there is something wrong in the dynamics there.

Do they sense that he doesn't really want to spend time with them and so become desperate?????????

OrangeImperialGoldBlether Mon 08-Oct-12 20:24:22

OP, did you just say that your husband runs 100K?

gallifrey Mon 08-Oct-12 20:52:07

Yes he is doing a 100k ultra marathon on saturday and he is in training for that at the moment, which thinking about it is probably why he's been a lot more running recently!

OrangeImperialGoldBlether Mon 08-Oct-12 21:04:22

God. That's all. How the hell can anyone run that far? Do you feel fat next to him? I would think that even the skinniest woman would feel huge next to someone who runs that kind of distance!

gallifrey Mon 08-Oct-12 21:14:51

I know! He is bloody mad! His sister also runs ultra's too, their mum doesn't know where they get it from!
Next year he wants to do a 160 k with his sister in the glass house mountains in australia...

gallifrey Mon 08-Oct-12 21:16:05

And yes I do feel massive next to him, although I am a bit on the podgy side!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now