Tour of BBC Broadcasting House

(4 Posts)
Davros Fri 31-Jan-14 15:52:04

I did this earlier this week with my DSis, we are both R4, R4xtra, Archers fans. I highly recommend it (I have no connection). The 30s building and the new building are worth seeing in themselves and the facilities for the News service is amazing. Portland place also houses the World Service and radio drama. The guides we're excellent, very well informed and fun. We got to "read" the news and weather and did a radio play with sound effects provided by one of the tour group. Do let me know if anyone else goes, or has been, and what you think.

GrendelsMum Mon 03-Feb-14 12:44:07

That sounds huge fun - thanks for recommending it! Perhaps a 40th birthday present for my DH...?

Davros Wed 05-Feb-14 08:32:18

And there's a Dalek and Tardis you can get close to for photos in the foyer! Easy to bo

Davros Wed 05-Feb-14 08:34:04

Phone is going weird! Easy to book online and not too expensive IMO. Lunch at roux in the langham was excellent too, a bit more pricey but the set lunch is very good. That's your DH's birthday sorted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now