New Archers storyline -Vicky?

(158 Posts)
katieskids Thu 21-Jun-12 19:49:11

Does anyone else think the SW have got something up their sleeve for Vicky? Twice now she's mentioned how tired she is and last night she didn't make the committee meeting as she fell asleep.

ppeatfruit Wed 25-Jul-12 09:11:34

Dunno late 40's?? It's possible isn't it? As long as Mike can get it up of course grin

R4 Wed 25-Jul-12 12:13:57

AAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I went on the Archers A-Z webpage to see Vicky's DoB and they have updated the page. There used to be a list of character names with a little photo that you could blank out. You are now greeted by a grid of gurning actors. I don't want to see any RL people, I only want the pictures in my head.
I can't see a button to blank out the photos. <cries>

DontEatTheVolesKids Wed 25-Jul-12 12:33:38

I think it's a menopause storyline, guys!

ppeatfruit Wed 25-Jul-12 12:58:51

What is her DOB R4?

R4 Wed 25-Jul-12 19:05:44

Um, are you asking 'what is her DoB' or 'what is a DoB'?
DoB = date of bith. Other characters have their DoB on their 'biography' but not Vicky.

ppeatfruit Thu 26-Jul-12 08:08:46

So the actress is quiet about her age then.i just wondered ref. her child bearing capabilities or otherwise.

DillyTante Thu 26-Jul-12 08:17:27

I assumed she is pg too. No idea how old she is meant to be, but probably around 40ish with the possible menopause talk.

R4 Thu 26-Jul-12 09:12:30

So the actress is quiet about her age then
The 'biography' is of the character, not the actor. So, for example, it lists Debbie as 24.12.70, where IMDB has Tamsin Greig as 23.02.67; David is 18.09.59 but Tim Bentinck is 01.06.53
Neither Vicky (nor her actress as far as I can see!) have DoB

ppeatfruit Thu 26-Jul-12 09:40:52

so they're extra terrestrials then smile

R4 Thu 26-Jul-12 09:59:43

OMG. You mean that a liking for pink fluffiness isn't only a terrestial thing? There are whole other solar systems of cute stuffed animals and heart-shaped cushions!? Is there no escape!? <weeps>

ppeatfruit Thu 26-Jul-12 10:06:35

grin

EverybodysDoeEyed Thu 26-Jul-12 12:47:29

Having a baby in soap land isn't a big deal though. Once they are born they just disappear until a teenager. So mike only needs to worry about it in 14 years or so

ppeatfruit Thu 26-Jul-12 14:37:27

yes Everybody I call it ' soap baby in cupboard syndrome' grin

Greenshadow Thu 26-Jul-12 14:57:46

Talking of 'syndromes' ppeatfruit, how about mature mother and special needs baby? Downs?

There is a possibility of some sort of disabled character at some point I believe.

EverybodysDoeEyed Thu 26-Jul-12 15:33:46

The archers is really sensational at the moment. I think you are right that there will something in the scans and there will be a big will they/won't they abort debate and then they will decide to keep the baby. Then she will lose the baby a week later and everyone will have forgotten about it in a week. Because that's what would happen in real life of course. If I could do smileys I'd do a raised eyebrow one

And then an aeroplane will crash on the village and the program will be rebranded to 'Archers'. Much edgier.

I think Hayley having a baby with special needs would be a far more positive story because I think her character would deal with it well and be a great champion for her child.

EverybodysDoeEyed Thu 26-Jul-12 15:34:16

Sensationalist

I really don't find it sensational!!!

R4 Thu 26-Jul-12 19:24:31

Aha! So now we know.

Not the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything - it's Vicky's age.

EverybodysDoeEyed Thu 26-Jul-12 20:35:50

Prime age for a change if life baby then

She is definately up the duff. Did nobody else hear the bit a week or so ago when she and Lynda were talking and Vicky was holding forth about her sex life? It was TMI imo.

Acekicker Fri 27-Jul-12 08:58:30

Am confused now (but suspect the scriptwriters also are). They rather clunkingly got Vicky to mention she was 46 in last night's episode, yet a couple of weeks ago when her and Hayley were decorating Pheeb's room she said about having Jason Dononvan posters on her wall (which would make her a couple of years younger than me I reckon and I'm nearly 39).

Money here also on a baby...it would bring back the Tom and Brenda baby discussions again and god knows we all love it when Tom's stropping about hmm

ppeatfruit Fri 27-Jul-12 08:59:31

Yes it was YEUCH northern She may prove to be a sensitive mother she's not unkind greenshadow.

What with the Brookfield in jeopardy and the Amb extra Pheobe storyline it's getting far too sensationalist for meEverybody the problem is i'm hooked FFS.

EverybodysDoeEyed Fri 27-Jul-12 11:40:57

I'm not listening to ambridge extra but i hope they aren't going to use the violent crime levels in sa to help with plotting (ie the return of kate) as I think that would be poor taste.

ppeatfruit Fri 27-Jul-12 12:26:13

Well poor taste seems to be flavour of the month sad I'm afraid.

Acekicker Fri 27-Jul-12 15:21:47

To be honest I'm not sure how it's any more or less poor taste than any other soap storyline...almost all of them are rooted in real life experiences one way or another.

Until this bit of it I must admit I thought they were doing quite a good job portraying the positives of South Africa simply in terms of a 'normal' life etc which goes against what the media tends to portray a lot of the time in anycase.

ppeatfruit Fri 27-Jul-12 15:35:51

Of course that's true but I like to watch t.v. and listen to TA for a bit of escapism not East Enders realism (there's enough grit in RL IYSWIM) That's why i don't WATCH any soaps now.

We have a friend who worked in Joburg and he saw terrible things there so although the press love negative news there truth behind it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now