Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Peach 2 now need a double

(9 Posts)
SweetPeaPods Thu 30-Jan-14 13:39:31

We have an iCandy peach 2.
We are now expecting number 2 and as ds will be 17 months we will need a double.
I've had a look on the iCandy website and am I right in thinking I will need the peach blossom converter (205) plus the blossom carrycot (185) plus lower car seat adapters (30)? This comes to 420, which seems really expensive.
Would I be better off buying a new pram?

Clargo55 Thu 30-Jan-14 19:00:31

Could you not get them on ebay? Much cheaper and a lot of its had very little use.

Clargo55 Thu 30-Jan-14 19:01:25

Also do you not have the original carrycot from Ds?

SweetPeaPods Thu 30-Jan-14 19:07:52

I didn't think the original carrycot would fit on the lower adapters?

Clargo55 Thu 30-Jan-14 19:26:01

Nope it won't, but as your sons 17months couldn't the newborn be on the top in the carrycot?

Then you just need to get adapters and lower seat.

Ihateparties Thu 30-Jan-14 20:16:53

Would be good if you could do that but you can't, so yep, blossom kit, blossom carrycot and car seat adaptors if you feel you need them. The blossom carrycot does fit in the upper and lower positions and the single position so you could sell your main carrycot to cover some of the cost and still have what you need. It's a nice tandem but a very expensive one for all the bits needed to convert :-(

dannydyerismydad Thu 30-Jan-14 20:24:03

There are Facebook selling groups that you can pick up converter sets and additional seats and carry cots very reasonably.

purplebaubles Thu 30-Jan-14 20:32:40

I'm thinking of selling original carrycot and just managing with using the maxi cosi car seat on the bottom bit. Think without the carrycot it's more like £200?

Original carrycot definitely does not work. Which is very annoying and I'm sure done deliberately as a money spinner!

SweetPeaPods Thu 30-Jan-14 20:50:00

Thanks everyone. I might look at second hand. It's annoying as peach 2 isn't cheap in the first place, even if they charged 200 for everything that would be much more reasonable.
No where discounts either, we want to the baby show last year at nec and they were still full price there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now