Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Travel system to fit in a 53 reg Ford Focus

(6 Posts)
SparkleSarah Mon 08-Apr-13 22:01:19

Hi I am currently 5 months pregnant and have my heart set on a quinny buzz. However just found out from a friend that it doesn't fit in the boot of an older style focus without taking off the wheel. This seems a bit of a hassle especially if the wheel is wet and muddy! I'm really shocked as always thought my boot was really big! Anyway does anyone have any suggestions of a travel system that will fit in my boot? I want something quite lightweight with a car seat that can clip into the base.

melliebobs Tue 09-Apr-13 10:21:36

We had a 02 plate KA and the buzz is huge. iCandy peach and Peach jogger and baby style oyster all fit in the KA boot which is tiiiiiiiiny so would have no problems in a focus

Will it not fit if you take the parcel shelf out?

islasmummy2013 Tue 09-Apr-13 10:45:27

Iv got a bugaboo cameleon and that fits in a focus boot, I haven't used the seat unit yet but it fits with carrycot which is obviously bigger xxx

Tiggywunkle Tue 09-Apr-13 12:42:01

The Cam is much slimmer than the Buzz when folded. I would agree with Melliebobs suggestions. There are more practical options out there TBH. The Buzz isn't the best pushchair to start with.

Don't know when boot styles changed, but if it helps, my 04 reg focus takes bugaboo bee plus one enormous suitcase.

(The bee is also good for holidays by train, because if you take it with the car seat clipped on top to keep baby in on board, the seat is still there underneath for use on your holiday. With some systems you have to leave the seat at home.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now