Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Clueless - what pushchair/pram do I want?

(7 Posts)

I'm expecting DC3, due sometime in May. For DC1 we had a Silver Cross 3D. For DC2 (a surviving triplet) we had a First Wheels City Double & a mei tai sling. Both DC1&2 used a Maclaren Quest from about 9 months ish. All of those pushchairs are now defunct/knackered/wrecks. So what next?

I'd like a parent-facing lie-flat pram option, that converts to pushchair later on - don't mind whether that's by swapping a carrycot for a seat or converting like the 3D does. It needs to be sturdy enough to do the school run twice a day (c 3 miles walking a day minimum). It needs to fold down fairly easily so it can go on buses/in the car. We're urban so not bothered about off road capability or anything like that. Both DH and I are fairly tall, so adjustable handle height would be good.

I probably need to buy 2nd hand (ebay or locally), so nothing too new or fancy is on the cards.

Can anyone give me some options to look at?

peanutMD Thu 14-Feb-13 11:14:51

Baby Jogger City Mini GT with carrycot would be good.

Compact 3 Wheeler with air tyres, is a breeze to push also folds super quick and handle height is pretty good too smile

Sounds good, I'll have a look locally - ebay ones seem fairly expensive still but I'll keep an eye out, thanks.

Hrc152 Mon 18-Feb-13 09:38:00

I swear by the mutsy 4 rider! It's amazing if you will do lots of walking as it has 4 air tyres and its designed to cope really well with bumps in the road. They are fairly cheap on eBay as not one of the main brands. You'd need a carrycot then a seat but shouldn't be too expensive it's quite compact too xx

Ooh that looks interesting, thanks - never even heard of the brand, let alone the pushchair.

Tiggywunkle Tue 19-Feb-13 23:44:35

Dont get a Mutsy 4 rider unless you get swivel wheels for the front. Its completely not the pushchair I would suggest for someone urban based who wants an easy fold!!! Its huge folded and really heavy. The non swivel wheel version has the turning circle of a bus! But I think those are largely Ebay fodder now. FAB off road though.
The Mutsy Evo is lovely.

Tiggywunkle Tue 19-Feb-13 23:44:59

I second the Baby Jogger route BTW. Theres a good pushchair there for anyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now