Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

How many pushchairs have you been through???

(49 Posts)
Vivienne52 Fri 08-Feb-13 13:29:14

OK so I hope this is going to be the right place for this question! For DD I had a quinny buzz (09) which was good but just didn't last. The buggy board wrecked it I think. I also had a maclaren for her but the lever that locks it shut has broken and the zip on the foot muff broke (no biggy, it is still totally usable). For DS I needed a good front facing buggy and the quinny was too heavy and the seat was too relcined in forward position so I bought a sola from gumtree. New in box and after 3 months it squeeks, the straps are too short already (DS is just over average sized at only 10 MONTHS OLD!) and the footmuff covers up to his knees if that. I am totally scunnered with it. I plan to sell the sola but can I justify buying yet ANOTHER buggy. Please tell me I can. I sooooo want to BJ Versa. I so so want it!

Charmingbaker Sat 09-Feb-13 10:54:55

I've bought 2 for DS, got the Baby Jogger City mini, and also bought a John Lewis buggy. I've only used the JL one when on holidays abroad as Baby Jogger is too big for aeroplanes. My Baby Jogger has taken 2 1/2 years of serious abuse (I don't drive and we've got stairs up to our front door which it gets bumped up and down several times a day) but it's still going strong.

ShhBoom Sat 09-Feb-13 10:55:27

I have one 3yo DS & have had 3 pushchairs, nearly 4! I LOVE pushchair shopping!

wonkylegs Sat 09-Feb-13 10:57:40

I have 1 DS who is now 4 and is a big lad and we are ttc no 2 - I had 1 with DS and it's in near perfect condition for DC2. Bugaboo Bee original one, loved it.

ShhBoom Sat 09-Feb-13 11:00:15

I started of with a 2nd hand Mothercare travel system and hated it.

So I bought a brand new Mothercare Spin. It was good while DS was parent facing, but when he was 18 months & wanting to face the other way it was far too heavy & awkward to push.

I then decided on a 2nd hand Maclaren Techno XT as I was using buses a lot & the Spin was too big. I absolutely love it! I wouldn't use it for a newborn but its great for a toddler.

ShhBoom Sat 09-Feb-13 11:01:22

shock 30 maxi! That is impressive!

WhichIsBest Sat 09-Feb-13 11:06:18

We had a Silver Cross one for letting the baby lie flat, it looks like new still so that'll be fine for number two. It changed to rear facing sitting up so I used it until DD was about 18 months I guess? Then we moved into a more portable foldable Maclaren, which is also still perfectly fine and will be used again for number two!

maxybrown Sat 09-Feb-13 11:22:36

heck my favourite..............hard to pick and a few for different reasons. I loved my baby joggers - especially the elite..............I didn't buy them all new by the way!!! Some only cost £10

Vivienne52 Sat 09-Feb-13 11:51:10

I have been looking at the bee, too pricey but really lovely. The joggers are too big for the plane???? Boo!

We had a quinny (can't remember which one... Three wheeler, front facing) when DD1 was born and also had a quinny zapp which was great for holidays and getting into my small car.
Then when DD2 was born we got an Easy Walker Duo which we really loved. We moved around the samf time and the Quinny wasn't suited to lots of rugged outdoor walks and extreme snow so we got an Easy Walker single too then and sold the Quinny.

LittleMilla Sat 09-Feb-13 13:27:01

Vivienne- that's what I'm planning to do. Also, thinking that I can sling the newborn for ds's naps, he only kips for an hour a day now. Cannot be arsed to buy a double!

I've also taken ours on a few flights with no bother...

fraktion Sat 09-Feb-13 16:22:49

Noooo they aren't. They rock for planes. The one handed fold gets admiring glances from the stewards at the skygates and their carrying bag is brilliant, well worth it if you're a frequent flyer. Plus on airlines where they count the pram in luggage allowance do you can also take a bulky carseat it's brilliant because it's so light.

Vivienne52 Sun 10-Feb-13 14:18:55

That's good to know fraktion. I'd definitely want to to take it on hols.

DeDevilTail Sun 10-Feb-13 17:32:25

Phew...glad you posted that Fraktion as I justified buying the BJCM GT (I already had an iCandy) to be our travel pushchair as we usually fly at least twice a year. Had a moment of panic when someone posted above that it's too big for airplane travel. I have bought a travel bag for it and am looking forward to taking it on our first holiday with DD in a few months time.

fraktion Sun 10-Feb-13 17:54:17

Plus if you're going in search of sun the sunshade is brilliant. Less good in snow though...

AngelsWithSilverWings Sun 10-Feb-13 18:12:36

Two kids - 8 buggies in 6 years!

1 - folding push chair - annoyed me , too big and hard to fold

2 - cheap mother care umbrella type buggy - great until me moved to a new area where I needed/wanted to walk more.

3 Maclaren - bought second hand - brilliant until DH broke it

4 Another second hand Maclaren to replace broken one

5 Lovely new Quinny for my new DD - great for my long walks

6 Cheap mothercare in bright pink for shopping ( because Quinny too annoying to fold into the car

7 Another cheap mothercare one because the wheel fell off the other one and was more expensive to fix than to get a new buggy.

8 Another second hand Maclaren because DH reversed over the mothercare one in the car.

Thankfully my youngest is past the buggy stage now.

Vivienne52 Sun 10-Feb-13 18:12:47

God I am sooo close to ordering!

Rooneyisalwaysmoaning Sun 10-Feb-13 18:17:45

Erm,
about 65. blush

Rooneyisalwaysmoaning Sun 10-Feb-13 18:19:45

Maxy do you want to be besties grin

No one else understands <sob>

Vivienne52 Sun 10-Feb-13 18:37:08

65!!!!!!!!???? Hahahha, you're my kinda gal!

Vivienne52 Sun 10-Feb-13 18:37:44

What was your favourite?

DeDevilTail Sun 10-Feb-13 18:41:16

Should have added... 1 DC, 2 pushchairs to date (iCandy Strawberry & BJCM GT). DC is only 7 months old so plenty of time to acquire more, although I think what I have is pretty much the perfect combination for us.

Rooneyisalwaysmoaning Sun 10-Feb-13 18:43:00

there are a few faves tbh.

I've still got most of those ones - MB Urban (before they changed production in 2011) in black cotton, also I liked the old fashioned urban with the fixed bar.

Emmaljunga Edge, the best bouncy baby pram I've had despite ugly fabrics!

Cosatto T4 - you can't get these any more but they were built like tanks.

I do like Maclarens, sadly as it's so dull and ubiquitous. Their fabric colours are dreadful though and hate the round buckles.

Big old London Baby Carriage - lovely in the house, but crap in actual use! That's going back a bit now. I sold it for almost nothing.

Don't like Bugaboo, there are lots I didn't like...won't write a list though smile

scottishmummy Sun 10-Feb-13 18:43:35

heehee at scunnered

bumpybecky Sun 10-Feb-13 18:45:13

1. big heavy graco thing used for about a year until...
2. maclaren umbrella fold buggy, fabby Psmile until I needed...
3. big heavy graco tanden thing as dd2 arrived smile then back to...
2 again + buggy board until the wheels wore down too much!
4. second maclaren umbrella fold buggy
1. again as dd3 arrived, but it was hopeless so
5. urban detour three wheeler from eBay until bearings went then back to
4 again until dd3 was walkign enough then...
6. quinny xl 3 wheeler from freecycle for ds

so 6 for 4dc smile only got rid of #4 about a month ago, it must have been over 10 years old and still going strong

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now