Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Running on flat with baby jogger city mini...

(13 Posts)
Matl Sat 12-Jan-13 02:21:31

and 6+ months old...is it safe?
Thanks

nextphase Sat 12-Jan-13 19:13:54
Tiggywunkle Sat 12-Jan-13 22:31:32

The Baby Jogger City Mini is a fab pushchair but absolutely and utterly do not try running with it PLEASE! It can be tippy even walking slowly never mind running. If you want to run PLEASE get some proper advice on running pushchairs and helmets for your child.

StrawberryMonkey Sat 12-Jan-13 22:38:28

The babyjogger performance or babyjogger summit would be far superior and safer for running.

The city mini is not a model designed or intended for running or jogging with. It won't have adequate tracking, or balance to cope with a running or jogging situation, also their are no air tyres and the wheels are too small to give a smooth ride.

No I do not believe the baby jogger city mini will be a safe method of transportation for a baby if you intend to jog or run with it.

suzie38 Sat 12-Jan-13 22:41:52

Don't be so ridiculous!!!

ItsMyLastOne Sat 12-Jan-13 23:10:28

What has made you even consider it? confused

dinkystinky Sat 12-Jan-13 23:14:18

Definitely not! You need a specific running buggy

pramsgalore Sat 12-Jan-13 23:38:10

now let me think, running pushchair, large off road wheels, fixed front wheel, stable. Citymini small wheels all round and tippy. what do you think stoooopid head confused grin

Matl Tue 15-Jan-13 22:16:04

Thank you very much for the feedback....even the last polite ones...the content of the answers confirmed my uncertainty about running with such a push chair, which i have obviously not done. I am however disappointness with the rudness of some of the replies as if asking such a question and improving ones understanding is something to be ashamed of...

ItsMyLastOne Tue 15-Jan-13 22:49:54

I genuinely don't understand what would make you consider using a stroller for running. hmm

massagegirl Thu 24-Jan-13 14:19:40

I imagine the op thought she might be able to use it for running as its called the city JOGGER. I've been so disappointed with some rude replied I've read on this website when people are just asking for advice. We're not all experienced mums who know it all!

Dirtymistress Thu 24-Jan-13 14:23:43

I have run with mine. Jeez. As long as you strap em in and don't give them a sausage roll, fruit shoot or wotsits to eat at the same time you'll be fine.

Wincher Fri 25-Jan-13 14:01:22

I've run with mine too, but it's blinkin' hard work running with any kind of pushchair as you can't use your arms for propulsion. I soon stuck to running only when DH was home and could look after DS!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now