If you've had a gravel drive put in...

(4 Posts)
cathyandclare Tue 22-Nov-16 16:14:56

Do you mind telling me how much it cost? I have visions of a long sweeping gravel drive, but no idea of even a ballpark figure and google isn't being helpful. We'll need to put that special drainable, supportive underlay stuff down too. Do I need to sell a kidney or two?

OneEpisode Tue 22-Nov-16 17:51:09

Sorry bumping for you but no amounts. I remember removing what was there before was a very significant part though?
There's probably some maintenance go budget for too, especially if there's a gradient involved?

ClimbingRoses Tue 22-Nov-16 21:54:04

Depends what you are putting the gravel on. We had a ball-park price for digging up v old tarmac and replacing with gravel - was for 6K plus VAT Our drive is about 130 feet long so not sure if that helps.. Block paving was double that.

cathyandclare Tue 22-Nov-16 22:22:20

Thanks that's really helpful, it's going on garden, so will need sub-stuff and geotextile and the works, but less digging I suppose. It's quite long though....I may have to get some quotes before I blow any cash on drawings and planning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now