Benchmarx or Wickes? Branded or own brand appliances?

(6 Posts)
hlc123 Thu 04-Aug-16 13:55:09

Hi, I don't post very often but looking for advice/experiences.
We are looking to get a new kitchen and are happy with both of the quotes which are coming in at similar prices. However, Wickes have quoted for electrolux washing machine, electrolux tower oven, electrolux induction hob, electrolux chimney hood and Zanussi Fridge Freezer; and Benchmarx have quoted for their own brand (Neue) appliances.
Also, Benchmarx cabinets come pre assembled and although this wouldn't save us much money as the kitchen fitter charges £4 per cabinet to assemble, it would save some time as he is estimating 3-4 weeks to complete the kitchen (it's a big job).
Does anyone have any experience of Neue appliances? Which would you go for?

hlc123 Thu 04-Aug-16 14:02:55

Just to add, the Wickes appliances are coming in more expensive by over £1000, and the Benchmarx cabinets are more expensive by over £1000

MiaowTheCat Thu 04-Aug-16 19:09:43

We've got a Wickes kitchen (it's the Glencoe Larch one if you're looking in their booklets) and I'm really pleased with how it's turned out - but the cabinet assembly did have our builder swearing at several points (before he put his back out and left us kitchen less for a fortnight!)

I wouldn't have bothered with the Wickes appliances though - we looked at their prices and they were just ridiculous so we sourced our own through various electrical retailers and it brought the cost right down so we could go up-spec on several of them so we did things like the huge American fridge freezer with ice dispenser and that's been worth every penny about five times over!

Lillagroda Thu 04-Aug-16 19:13:24

Neue are made by Electrolux. There may be differences in spec I guess, but same factories.

hlc123 Thu 04-Aug-16 20:15:39

Thanks for the replies

PigletJohn Thu 04-Aug-16 21:39:41

The own-brand is overpriced rubbish. It is used as a ploy so they can give you a discount off the list price to make you think you are getting a bargain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now