Paint help

(10 Posts)
Strawberryshortcake40 Sat 09-Jul-16 21:12:07

Have a whole house to decorate. Only ever used crown/dulux before and mainly white (STBEH's choice). But am wondering about trying F and B or similar and getting some really nice but pale colours on the walls. I want it all to flow, so everything to tone with each other, but after searching endless paint charts I'm none the wiser!
For kitchen I need a pale grey.
Bedrooms - a pale rose quartz, very gentle duck egg/aqua, a grey-y misty purple, and a pale green. More lime than sage.
Hall and landing I have tried "timeless" as a sample on there and it looks clean but not clinical. But open to other ideas!

Strawberryshortcake40 Sat 09-Jul-16 21:14:05

I have a Hensley paint chart from home base and like the colours on there but no idea if quality is good

dontcallmelen Sun 10-Jul-16 00:11:56

Hi Op I much prefer mylands paint compared to f&b much better quality covers exceptionally well, easy to use & lovely colours, I have just used the Hemsley paint, it's pretty good again covers well but not a very large choice of colours.

Thelovecats Sun 10-Jul-16 22:34:05

Dulux perfectly taupe is the purple side of grey, and blossom white is a nice pale pink....

FriedSprout Sun 10-Jul-16 22:37:45

Try The Little Greene Paint Company.
Lovely colours and goes on beautifully. Also, very robust once on.

Strawberryshortcake40 Sun 10-Jul-16 22:40:59

Anybody have any experience of using Craig and Rose? Study room blue looks lovely.

user1468157973 Mon 11-Jul-16 22:04:12

We did our whole house in next paint. I thought it was wonderful, and has a better texture / finish than crown / dulux. It's not more expensive either. The colour range is small though.

agnesrose86 Tue 12-Jul-16 19:51:04

I love Craig and Rose Moonstone Grey and Little Greene French Grey. Still in search for the perfect white though...

dontcallmelen Tue 12-Jul-16 20:01:16

Strawberry I have used Craig & Rose nice quality paint, I used Swedish blue which is a light blue.

Autumnchill Tue 12-Jul-16 20:04:03

Both of our decorators won't touch F&B as its too thin. Johnstone have there colour numbers though and can match as can B&Q

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now