buying - changing estate agents?

(5 Posts)
faffalotty Mon 04-Jul-16 10:26:03

When a property is for sale with more than one estate agency, can you swap who you deal with?
I have arranged a viewing with one and they are already being annoying and pushy. If I am interested in the house could I then contact the other agents and see if they are better?

whois Mon 04-Jul-16 11:41:11

If I am interested in the house could I then contact the other agents and see if they are better?

Yup! go and have a viwing with the other agent and progress with them if they seem better.

Lilmisskittykat Mon 04-Jul-16 12:40:30

As advised above and let the seller know too they'll be just as interested to know they are being pushy with you.

CodewordRochambeau Mon 04-Jul-16 12:53:34

EAs typically get a higher commission if they sell a house which is being marketed by multiple agencies so it's in their interests to look after you!

faffalotty Mon 04-Jul-16 13:10:10

Thanks - I wasn't sure if there was some sort of rule about this sort of thing. I wouldn't want them selling my house. I had to chase them up as they hadn't replied to my initial request then they just kept pushing me to make an appointment with their financial advisor (even though they didn't ask what my position was). They then sent me details of some other houses which were over my budget.
Maybe they'll come across better in person!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now