No viewings after ten days on the market

(14 Posts)
katemiddletonsnudeheels Mon 23-May-16 16:54:29

Would you be a little concerned?

Photographs seem good ... I'd expected an initial flurry of interest so am a bit disappointed!

MissBattleaxe Mon 23-May-16 16:56:14

I wouldn't be worried after ten days, no. Even if your house is wonderful, the people who can afford it might not be looking at that exact time. You never know.

Janefromdowntheroad Mon 23-May-16 16:57:01

Link?

bloodyteenagers Mon 23-May-16 17:02:37

It's hard to know without seeing.

HarlettOScara Mon 23-May-16 17:05:39

If it's not generating any interest it's usually because it's priced too high.

Drinkstoomuchcoffee Mon 23-May-16 17:07:58

I think a lot of buyers will be biding their time until after the referendum.

HarlettOScara Mon 23-May-16 17:13:30

Posted too soon...

What the market like in your area? Are similar properties selling quickly or is the market generally slow?

katemiddletonsnudeheels Mon 23-May-16 17:21:54

Fairly slow market in fairness. A similar one has just sold, though, so fingers crossed smile

I'm not brave enough for a link! grin

Hopeinhell2 Mon 23-May-16 18:10:28

What area?

whois Mon 23-May-16 18:20:30

Lots of reasons!

Price might be too high if not generating any interest
House might be quite specific and just not the right buyers looking atm
Market is a bit slow at the moment - people are waiting for decision brexit/bremain
Agents might be crap
Marketing might be iffy

HarlettOScara Mon 23-May-16 18:38:48

Even in a slow market, unless you're property is very niche, you can expect a flurry of viewings within the first 2 weeks or so. And price usually is the thing that stops people from viewing.

How does your asking price compare to similar properties in the area?

katemiddletonsnudeheels Mon 23-May-16 18:38:51

West Midlands Hope smile

katemiddletonsnudeheels Mon 23-May-16 18:41:51

It's similar, Harlett - it's on the market for just under £120,000 and similar properties are going from between £115-125.

wowfudge Mon 23-May-16 19:19:17

Ask the agent what they are actively doing to get you viewings - if the answer is nothing then alarm bells should be ringing. At that price level, I would consider marketing at offers over £110 and seeing what interest that generates - you'd be hoping to get at least a couple of buyers on the hook and create some competition.

Have a look on Rightmove and critically appraise the listing of your house and where it comes up in the search results. If it's lower down that places you consider competition you could be missing out because buyers are not looking at everything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now