Brushed chrome/satin nickel or polished chrome cup handles for shaker doors?

(8 Posts)
obsessedwithinteriors Sat 09-May-15 21:23:55

Bearing in mind, tap, spotlights and plug sockets will be polished chrome....

Would you match it all or go for brushed chrome cup handles on doors? Not a big space, so don't know whether to match it all up?

Thanks MN, driving myself mad with all this!

Mrsladybirdface Sun 10-May-15 09:24:11

Just to through another one in..We have dark pewter..which are a dark grey..slightly modern twist

Mrsladybirdface Sun 10-May-15 09:24:52

and they don't need to be polished as they are a matt finish

Khalinda Sun 10-May-15 10:19:03

We went to great lengths to match up and I don't like it. It's too clinical. I'm currently searching for some kind of coloured (rather than chrome) handles.

I can't believe I thought all chrome would look nice!

ParkingFred Sun 10-May-15 10:23:26

We got brushed pewter cups and knobs in our new kitchen and I am about to change them all for polished chrome!

Zinxie Sun 10-May-15 11:10:38

Khalinda what have you got in mind? I'm anti clinical too!

ItsJustPaint Sun 10-May-15 14:31:37

Polished chrome will just annoy the heck out of you. They will show every fingerprint and smear. It will look like a bathroom. Definitely go for brushed option

Khalinda Sun 10-May-15 16:29:09

Our are brushed chrome ItsJustPaint (kitchen) and we have polished in the futility room. Tbh the polished ones didn't show up fingerprints but I'm finding them all too cold and harsh looking.

Zinxie - I don't know! I'm searching a lot. There was a thread on here recently with some different knob sellers and some possibilities there. I want something dark/industrial looking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now