draining grooves in quartz worktop

(15 Posts)
Fluffybunny321 Sun 03-May-15 18:20:15

Has anyone else had trouble with the draining grooves in their worktop not draining? I am feeling increasingly frustrated at having to mop up the constant spills and puddles after washing up, as the draining grooves on my woktop do not drain?
Would love to hear if anyone else has the same trouble

Millymollymama Sun 03-May-15 22:45:26

Yes. They are useless. In my new kitchen I have a large double Belfast style sink and have a draining basket in one of the sinks. (I do have another stainless steel veg prep sink though). Grooves - never again!

todayiamfat Sun 03-May-15 22:47:22

The guys that made and fitted mine warned me they would only be for show as they were useless.

0x530x610x750x630x79 Sun 03-May-15 22:51:30

I have oak, mine are also useless

Crikeyblimey Sun 03-May-15 22:54:38

Oh no! I'm getting these shock. Are they always shit?

I have a dishwasher but hand wash some of our better glasses.

Marmitelover55 Sun 03-May-15 23:16:28

We have draining grooves in our Ramirez and they are great! Don't understand this issues?

alwayshavepeckham Mon 04-May-15 07:27:51

I have them but don't use them on my Silestone. I only really wash big wine glasses and just put a tea towel down.

seatleon100 Mon 22-Jun-15 22:31:07

are the recesed ones ok. We are just about to order our quartz. I have considered an undermount stainless drainer

refinnejk Mon 22-Jun-15 23:38:45

We have a dishwasher but still do quite a lot of washing up, so I wanted a decent drainer. I have seen those wet puddles in friends' kitchens. So we went for a flush stainless steel sink and drainer by Blanco. I love it but it was a PITA to fit and the worktop material needs to be cut very accurately.

GiniCooper Mon 22-Jun-15 23:49:06

Lay a tea towel over it.

Kieron79 Tue 23-Jun-15 06:14:37

We were going to have them on our quartz but decided against after advice from kitchen company, went for this Joseph Joseph one instead shush works great as has draining channel

Kieron79 Tue 23-Jun-15 06:25:05

Shush = which smile

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Tue 23-Jun-15 06:39:53

We have a granite worktop. I fancied an under mounted sink and drainage grooves but was advised against it by the granite workshop, on the grounds that the drainage grooves wouldn't drain properly.

In the end, we ended up with a situation where we don't wash up in thekitchen (saucepans get done in the utility room, everything else goes in the dishwasher) so I could probably have got away with it.

VeryPunny Tue 23-Jun-15 08:26:16

And this is why I have a stainless steel drainer. I really liked the look of the grooves but not so much when covered in puddles and limescale!

dollysflop Tue 23-Jun-15 22:12:15

I'm planning on having an undercount sink with no drainer at all and no grooves. I currently use one of those draining mats from Lakeland as extra drying space (no dishwasher until the kitchen done) and plan on using this for posh wine glasses/pans.

That way it can be put away when not in use leaving a nice uncluttered worktop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now