Composite decking. Yes or no?

(13 Posts)
Olive324 Mon 16-Feb-15 12:34:35

Hi we are having decking outside our new extension. I am contemplating having composite decking rather than wooden decking due to the fact that it seems to require less maintenance and is possibly less slippy? Does anyone have any experience of it, good or bad and if you have it, do you think you made the right choice? Thanks in advance.

Marmitelover55 Mon 16-Feb-15 12:57:06

We thought about this last year and got some samples. I didn't like the look of it though. In the end we went for thermawood as a compromise between hardwood and normal decking. looking good but only been down since last summer..,

noddyholder Mon 16-Feb-15 12:59:04

I love it I always use it in refurbs as it really lasts and the colour is uniform and looks new for ages. I had in my own house too and it always looks good non slip too The dark grey is nice

twinsufficient Mon 16-Feb-15 17:13:29

olive whereabouts are you in the country? My dh sells composite decking so could send samples.

Olive324 Mon 16-Feb-15 20:40:08

I live in bath. Is that close to you twin?

I like the grey too !! Gets my vote !!

twinsufficient Tue 17-Feb-15 15:19:07

olive unfortunately not we're in the North West. Would say that if money is no object go with composite as it's non-slip and won't rot or need maintaining.

jazzandh Tue 17-Feb-15 15:23:38

My Mum has this and it looks lovely. Its very soft (she has a mid grey) - it hoses down and looks clean. Not slippery.

There is a cricket club where we are, that has had this down for several years, and it still looks like new.

I have hardwood, which looks good for a couple of weeks a year after it has been resanded and freshly oiled.

Olive324 Tue 17-Feb-15 17:45:30

Thanks for your comments. They've been really helpful

noddyholder Tue 17-Feb-15 17:57:44

This is the grey on our roof terrace

namechangedtoday15 Wed 27-Apr-16 09:39:03

I know I am posting on an old thread but does anyone have any recommendations for which brand of composite decking is good quality?

Thanks

user1473843506 Wed 14-Sep-16 10:15:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

freyabrookes Tue 20-Sep-16 15:09:21

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now