Day bed with trundle or standard double bed for spare room

(9 Posts)
Beaverfeaver2 Sat 19-Jul-14 22:41:10

We have moved house to a cottage in the countryside.

This means that we are further from friends but friends want to come and visit.

We have a spare room that needs to be able to sleep people occasionally and also function as a part time office space.

It's not huge.

Double beds are not big and can fit but are there 100% of time

day beds are small when folded away but when set up for 2 people to sleep are super king size and would take up most available floor space.

What would you do?

GatheringRequirements Sat 19-Jul-14 22:46:35

I would go for day beds as they can be folded when not in use

sacbina Sat 19-Jul-14 23:21:02

day bed, definitely. hate going to friends where I have to squeeze into a double with dh. I'm used to a superking so probably a bit selfish1

burnishedsilver Sat 19-Jul-14 23:32:12

Fold away wall bed?

MillyMollyMama Sat 19-Jul-14 23:46:54

Do you have storage for the day beds or will you have to look at them? I hate looking at folded beds! I actually prefer to see a bed in a bedroom for guests and I like sleeping on one too, even if it is a standard. Proper beds are usually more comfortable.

Artandco Sun 20-Jul-14 15:49:16

Proper bed IMO

You can always push it against the wall with pillows similar to day bed anyway.

sacbina Sun 20-Jul-14 16:08:03

we have day beds for guests and by that I mean two singles, one stored underneath. so can be separate or as a superking.

more flexibility, more room to sleep on, you still have a bed in the room but also room for your office

makes much more sense

Lilymaid Sun 20-Jul-14 16:11:53

we have day beds for guests and by that I mean two singles, one stored underneath. so can be separate or as a superking
We have a single bed with a similar sized bed stored underneath though our singles are 2' 6"" making a 5' double bed when together. Works very well.

LondonGirl83 Sun 20-Jul-14 17:16:39

Do what works best for the rooms primary function as an office.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now