Replacing pop up plughole

(4 Posts)
TheFarSide Thu 27-Jun-13 14:37:47

Our pop up plug on the bathroom sink kept jamming shut so I've taken it out and now have a gaping plughole ... and it's only a matter of time before I drop something important down there. Is it possible to replace it with a traditional plughole fitting? Are the holes in sinks standard sizes? <thick>

MadeOfStarDust Thu 27-Jun-13 14:46:38

god knows - what we did was just get a "hair trap" - bit of plastic - looks like a little drainer - and put that in and over the hole...... cheap option.... also got a "universal" plug that fits over the hole if people MIL need to fill a sink to wash their hands.

vess Thu 27-Jun-13 19:32:13

You can replace it, but I'd get a plumber to do it, in case something starts leaking somewhere. Most of them are standard size I think, but best to check.
Our plumber recommended a click-clack waste, which works fine. I wanted a plug on a chain, but there's nothing to attach the chain to. Pretty happy with the click-clack so far (it's s type of spring mechanism btw).

TheFarSide Thu 27-Jun-13 20:21:52

Thanks Vess - I can live without a chain.

And thanks too Stardust but we've already got a temporary drainer thing and plug. I just want my old fashioned plug hole back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now