Has anyone bought a sofa from Loaf (formerly the Sleep Room)?

(18 Posts)
HolyMackerel Tue 14-May-13 10:46:21

Hi thank you for the further replies, I have only just noticed them (am dim).

We went with the Isla 2.5 seater from sofa.com as I was drawn to its completely removable and dry cleanable covers, and it was lovely and comfy in the showroom.

FlowersBlown yes the showroom was great for people watching. I spent ages there blagging free drinks. That part of London is like a different world isn't it smile

I did get hot choc with loaf samples too, but what put me off them was all the fabrics came in very muted washed-out looking colours, I wanted something a bit bolder. Plus just a bit more expensive than sofa.com!

FlowersBlown Wed 24-Apr-13 10:09:31

I love the Sofa.com showroom. You get a free drink and the other customers are highly entertaining. The conversations you can eavesdrop on are great!

mrsshackleton Wed 24-Apr-13 09:57:43

We have that very Chester sofa, OP and another Loaf sofa too. They're both great and look v elegant. Newish so don't know how it will last. The showroom is the most middle-class palce I've ever been in my life.

narmada Wed 24-Apr-13 09:44:24

Holymackerel, our new sofa is from Loaf and I love it. We have the Oscar one in elephant grey velvet. It's lovely, I deeply luff it. Very soft and squishy. I am hoping the kids don't ruin it. We looked for a long time and couldn't find any others of a similar quality for the same price. Something irks me about the smug boden-esque catalogue but I bravely pushed my aversion to one side grin

Yes, we got hot chocolate smile

greyvix Tue 23-Apr-13 22:59:25

What did you decide HolyMackerel?

EffieTheDuck Sat 13-Apr-13 16:09:40

Did anyone else receive hot chocolate with their Loaf samples? <smugface>

Beatrixpotty Sat 13-Apr-13 16:06:37

Our bed is from loaf and it is amazing,v well made,great mattress.If the sofas are anything like the beds then highly recommend.I went to their showroom in W10 before I bought it (was the sleeproom then)and all the furniture looked very nice.

herethereandeverywhere Sat 13-Apr-13 15:53:43

Sofa.com is A-MA-ZING! We've had 2 sofas and a bed from there. Great quality and value for money but customer service is second to none, faultless. The fabric protection is guardsman - I'd highly recommend it, price varies depending on size of sofa but we paid £60 i think for doing the massive 3 seat Slangvar. They guarantee for 5 years which means if you can't get a stain out they send you a kit, still no luck then they come out and do it for you, still no luck they recover the cushion! Also if you're looking for childproof/wearability qualities do ask the staff. We had an incredibly helpful chap who steered me towards the more hardwearing (actually cheaper) fabrics. I'm not on commission, just happy to champion a great shopping experience!

AvrilPoisson Sat 13-Apr-13 00:46:39

I love almost everything in the little catalogue thingy I received... does anyone know what they're quality's like? please?

greyvix Wed 10-Apr-13 20:23:14

Sorry for the delay- we've been away. We do not have young DCs, but the Bluebell is very well made and good quality. They don't recommend washing covers, and suggest dry cleaning; the cushion covers are the only removable bits. If you get the guardsman treatment, it comes with a guarantee. We ended up with a new sofa when a major spillage (tea) wouldn't come out. The sofas are white sand, so not very sensible- but lovely.

SunnyUpNorth Sat 06-Apr-13 22:02:11

I love sofa.com, they are amazing. We have two, the Jackson (discontinued but think it is now the Isla) and more recently the Saturday sofa I think. Love it.
Looked at loaf but preferred sofa.com. I do lust after loaf's headboards though.

HolyMackerel Fri 05-Apr-13 18:55:05

Thanks for the replies, think I will try to get down to sofa.com showroom in the next couple of weeks and test some out. They do look lovely.

My loaf swatches arrived pretty promptly but the colours are all very muted, that's my only gripe with them!

cooper44 Thu 04-Apr-13 19:05:41

Hi I was planning to buy from loaf but their swatches never appeared so ending up buying a bluebell from sofa.com. It came last week and I love it.
But stupidly I did choose pale grey so not very child proof.
They do a scotch guard type treatment if you want it.
The last sofa I got 8 years ago has done 4 years of kids and still looks immaculate. It's in choc brown Belgian linen.

Bue Thu 04-Apr-13 18:17:41

I'm afraid I have no experience of Loaf but if you do decide to forgo the buttons, I can report that I went to the sofa.com showroom today and was very impressed. We will be buying the Isla but there were so many we liked. They also offer fabric protection for an additional price - can't remember how much but it's not expensive.

Flossiechops Wed 03-Apr-13 22:09:58

No I haven't but I agree they look lovely. I have a particularly lust for one of the beds they do, and the wardrobes and the lamps.....!

HolyMackerel Wed 03-Apr-13 17:09:42

Thanks for replying greyvix - is the Bluebell OK with kids' wear and tear or would I spend my whole life washing the washable bits? Is it just the seat and back cushions which are removable and washable?

I just love the buttoned one from Loaf but they are more expensive and I have yet to meet a single person in RL who has bought from them so am a little reluctant to part with £££ when I have no idea how long one would look/feel good for!

greyvix Tue 02-Apr-13 23:31:58

I haven't bought one, but love the catalogue, and would consider buying from there. You can return it if you don't like it/ doesn't fit.
We do have sofa.com sofas, which are very good. We have the Bluebell- actually 3 of them.

HolyMackerel Tue 02-Apr-13 21:38:52

I am thinking of this one, it looks lovely - has anyone bought a sofa from them? If so, would you recommend? Has it lasted well? Lasted with DCs?

Also thinking of Sofa.com but not sure which sofa I like best there, none have buttons (I love buttons!) but some nice shapes.

I would appreciate any advice, thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now