Maths help

(6 Posts)
Okkitokkiunga Wed 31-Aug-16 11:31:57

Hi. I am looking for some aids for maths. There were a couple of apps recommended for times tables and number bonds etc, but I now can't find the thread. My DC's are going into yr 5 and 2. My DD(9) struggles with times tables and I'd like something she can work through herself without me 'testing' her.

Thanks.

BlueChampagne Wed 31-Aug-16 13:00:36

You could take a look at Squeebles or Mathbingo.

irvineoneohone Wed 31-Aug-16 13:25:11

For general maths by topic, this site has tutorials for everything.

www.khanacademy.org/math

For times tables:

www.learnyourtables.co.uk/en/index2.htm

www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/multiplication-and-division

www.mathplayground.com/index_multiplication_division.html

www.oswego.org/ocsd-web/games/mathmagician/mathsmulti.html

www.oswego.org/ocsd-web/games/mathmagician/maths1.html

Okkitokkiunga Wed 31-Aug-16 18:37:13

Thanks both

user1470171746 Sat 03-Sep-16 17:58:18

I have used bond exercise books which were really good but at times had to teach the concepts to my children first.

Also, use www.atstudycloud.co.uk which is a free online maths resource that shows videos followed by questions related to the video, and thereafter the computer marks it too. All I do is supervise my child but don't over use it ... maybe 3 times a week for 10 minute sessions.

catkind Sat 03-Sep-16 19:09:26

DC are enjoying SumDog for maths at the moment. It's just multi choices but has really sped DS up on times tables and has carried across to unprompted tables in his case at least. If you set it to times table mode it starts with easy ones and gradually introduces more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now