Waiting List

(7 Posts)
jodieleigh89xxx Fri 13-May-16 12:03:23

My daughter is on 6 waiting lists for schools, We have decided to home school her until a places comes available. The school they have placed her in is horrible everyone I've asked has told me it's not a good school and they would be doing the same as me.
What i'm asking is has anyone been on a waiting list and got a spot?
I'm 4th on one list, 2nd on another, 7th on another
They cant tell me the waiting list for the other 3 schools yet but apparently one of the other schools has 4 on the list. I've appealed for a place but been told they are a waste of time.

catslife Fri 13-May-16 12:10:52

I've appealed for a place but been told they are a waste of time.
Appealing isn't a waste of time, but it is much harder to win Reception appeals due to Infant Class Size rules.
I am not sure from your post whether this is for primary or secondary school, but there is still plenty of time for waiting list places to come up.

jodieleigh89xxx Fri 13-May-16 12:13:25

hi sorry it's for primary school, we have added her to as many waiting lists as possible hoping she will get a spot in at least one of them

PatriciaHolm Fri 13-May-16 12:15:01

Assuming primary; depends how big the school is and the movement locally. 2nd on the list for a 3 class entry school in an areas of lots of transition/a number of kids going to private - excellent. 7th on the list for a 1 class entry school in a sleepy area where no-one ever moves - bad!

An appeal for infant class size (30 per class in reception/KS1) will indeed be very hard to win, and just not liking the school you have is not grounds.

jodieleigh89xxx Fri 13-May-16 12:26:02

I know two of the schools have a 60 pupil intake and one of them has 30. I have no hope at all for the school that accepts 30 as it's very popular. I'm not too sure on the other 3 schools.

prh47bridge Fri 13-May-16 12:41:05

With intakes of 30 and 60 you will only win an appeal if you can show that a mistake has been made and your daughter should have got a place. By all means appeal. Something unexpected may come to light in the hearing. But realistically your best chance of a place is via the waiting list.

mrsmortis Fri 13-May-16 12:44:26

A few years ago my DD1 was 4th on the list of a 30 entry on the day the list was issued. we got offered a place in mid-June.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now