Am I the only person who doesn't buy teacher a present??

(78 Posts)
nurseneedshelp Sun 14-Jul-13 20:53:57

I'm shocked by all the threads about buying the teachers a present, I'm very grateful for their input but its their job and they get paid!

Allegrogirl Mon 22-Jul-13 21:18:47

DD is finishing foundation tomorrow and I have helped her make and ice (and cover in pink sugary tat) some biscuits. They taste pretty good but look suitably home made by little hands. About a dozen each for the teacher and two TAs. Also got DD to make 3 thank you cards.

I hope they don't think we are cheap but these are really from DD's heart as she has loved foundation. I don't like DD's teacher so haven't written a note myself and I'm relieved the year has ended. Hoping for a more understanding teacher next year.

Auntfini Mon 22-Jul-13 21:29:24

I am the daughter of a primary teacher and end of year/Christmas was always amazing!

I'm a secondary teacher and not a form tutor so you don't tend to get anything, especially not at my school. I think it is good as some of the threads on here make me feel embarrassed, I would hate to think of people worrying about what I might like as a gift.

That said, one of my year tens bought me a mars bar the other week to thank me for my help. Just the thought that he had gone to a shop and actually thought (he had asked what my fave chocolate bar was) made me well up! Think he thought I was a right weirdo...

finallyasilverlining Mon 22-Jul-13 22:24:39

I have!....once and I didn't mind at all it was nice to show my appreciation (I say my because Ds doesn't do gifts everyone should know what he thinks smile), I have yet to meet another teacher who teaches my Ds rather than sit him at the back of the room or in an empty room. angry Oh well maybe next year!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now