Please translate this tactful statement for me........don't hold back

(31 Posts)
goonIcantakeit Fri 12-Jul-13 17:28:19

"Ds2 loves to voice his opinion and share his news with others. he is beginning to listen with a little more patience to what others say".

pre-emptive blush emoticon......
This is his year 2 report.

Cat98 Sat 13-Jul-13 18:39:05

Haha - similar comment in ds's report under 'personal and social development' (reception) : 'he is able to now support others in their learning, which has given him opportunities to develop leadership skills'.
In other words - talks over everyone and tells them they're wrong, but getting better smile

goonIcantakeit Sat 13-Jul-13 10:41:43

LOL good to see the funny side.

He said today "I'm popular in this house but not outside it".

At the moment, so long as his big brother and family like him, he's happy.

Do I still chill?
History - he had bad delays when younger and is close to the ASD border. But last year he was getting "below national average" for literacy and now he is above it including understanding texts (yeah!).

Do I chill or intervene? I meet lads who've got A* for A-level but no-one in their university dorm speaks to them unless they want something...... Don't want that for DS2.

Secretswitch Fri 12-Jul-13 22:04:08

My little miss had this written on her report " LittleSecret was very active today. We had to remind her a few times that running feet are only to be used outdoors." I took this to mean " your dd is a wild beast who ran amuck all day"

Shootingstar79 Fri 12-Jul-13 21:58:51

Wouldn't worry at all at this stage. Ask his y3 teacher next term if it is still an issue/target and take your lead from her response.

amothersplaceisinthewrong Fri 12-Jul-13 21:05:45

Sounds like a typical boy OP smile

Utterly normal, the skills will come with maturity. NO need to see a teacher about it - that is taking it far too seriously.

Lizzylou Fri 12-Jul-13 21:04:11

mybokd? my old. Bloody tablets.

Lizzylou Fri 12-Jul-13 21:03:42

gad mych? got much.

Lizzylou Fri 12-Jul-13 21:03:08

Goon, my yr2 ds2 gad mych the same. An improvement here at least!
Head also said he was a "delightful boy" which I am clinging onto concentrating on.
Ds1 also got chatty mentioned in an otherwise good report.
Same as mybokd reports basically grin

JewelFairies Fri 12-Jul-13 20:53:10

Wafflenose My dd had the 'creative' etc as well and I read that as 'away with the fairies' grin

JewelFairies Fri 12-Jul-13 20:51:29

My dd's reception report said 'x has a strong sense of self'
I read it as 'stubborn as a mule' grin

Tee-hee grin

DD's Yr1 report gave "learning to respect other people's opinions" as a target. They seem to have cracked it though as her Yr2 report today says she has "made progress in seeing things from other people's points of view".

She still tells her big brothers they are wrong at every opportunity though.

Bollocks, didn't realise only half my comment had posted hmm blush

A comment in PFB's report saying he has very good grasp on rules and takes care to obey them ... and make sure everyone else does too. In other words, pedantic bossyboots and telltale.

Wafflenose Fri 12-Jul-13 20:14:41

Loud, but getting better.

My DD2 (Reception) got lots of "incredibly creative", "imaginative", "artistic" etc... ie "lives on a different planet"!

Chocotrekkie Fri 12-Jul-13 20:07:40

Parents night she was described as "fire-y". Think it's code for stroppy madam.

BeQuicksieorBeDead Fri 12-Jul-13 20:03:59

At Year 2 this is very common with confident, clever children. Thay have learnt that they have usually got something 'better' to say than others, so might not listen to everyone, or just want everyone to listen to them giving what they perceive to be the 'right' answer. Later on they realise that this is a) not very tactful b) not very fair and c) means you miss out on interesting insights from other children, in your intellectual league or not.

Your teacher has put that well, I would give them extra wine next week!

FrauMoose Fri 12-Jul-13 20:02:36

I imagine if you want to work on the issues, there'll be plenty of opportunities for you to do this at home. I don't think learning to listen in classroom situations comes instinctively to small talkative children, but the teacher sounds happy that things are moving in the right direction.

Essentially I'd chill.

LOL.

We got "has a very good

goonIcantakeit Fri 12-Jul-13 19:46:28

liking the "getting better" bit......

MayTheOddsBeEverInYourFavour Fri 12-Jul-13 18:32:22

Yep what trills said smile

One of mine got 'had a strong sense of right and wrong' aka bossy little madam who nags everyone and thinks she know best grin

tutington Fri 12-Jul-13 18:24:54

ps. Reception child smile

tutington Fri 12-Jul-13 18:24:22

Our teacher was a bit more clear smile This was the only negative of the report:

'She does, occasionally, need reminding to stop talking and listen on the carpet'.

OddBoots Fri 12-Jul-13 18:19:48

If he is Y2 then you could show him the report and gently talk about what it means, you could do it in a positive way as he is showing improvement.

Ferguson Fri 12-Jul-13 18:13:16

Agree with others, but hardly any need to discuss with him - if he has siblings, or friends rounds, just praise him when he does the CORRECT thing.

It's better too chatty than be totally silent, which some children are!

Hopefully his 'chat' is correct and relevant?

BeyonceCastle Fri 12-Jul-13 18:04:12

What Trills said. grin
But he is only year two.
The teacher who wrote that needs flowers for her diplomacy though.

AuntieStella Fri 12-Jul-13 17:48:16

I think it means "used to jabber non-stop, but is learning to take turns".

One of my DC was rather like this. It's OK at this age, as long as they have started to let others get a word in edge ways. It's not an area that was even remarked on by end year 4.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now