Tights problem

(32 Posts)
Pyrrah Sun 31-Mar-13 14:35:47

My DD is getting very sore from wearing tights.

She's nearly 4 and very tiny (very small and also skinny)- I've bought tights in several different sizes and none of them seem to help. She's got a very small waist and they slip down and then the seams rub the insides of her thighs.

I'd put her into socks, but it's freezing.

Anyone else have the same problem/solutions?

3MonthMaid Mon 01-Apr-13 10:12:19

Ballet tights are excellent but may not come in grey.

Definite vote for h&m footless tights with socks, DD went through a fussy phase and that really worked for her.

Next also do pretty good tights with feet and proper shaping, they seem to stay up better on skinny DD.

Next also do some lovely soft jersey school trousers in slim fit which were excellent for skinny long legs. DD was also not keen on trousers but I got her to accept these as they have a "pretty charm" hanging off the waistband!

sunnyday123 Mon 01-Apr-13 10:46:00

I'm not sure what to do mrz? School uniform is compulsory from after easter and dd won't want to be the only one turning up in grey and as she loves those summer dresses! Equally its soooo cold! I may have to ring around her classmates!

Clary Mon 01-Apr-13 12:22:57

My DD used to hate tights so we got her long over the knee socks from M&S (in grey or black) which look as good and kept her warm (came higher than the hem of her skirt).

EduCated Mon 01-Apr-13 12:28:49

Ooh, could over the knee socks be teamed with some cycling shorts to minimise the amount of bare skin?

Mother of skinny children here with long legs

Def John Lewis tights. Then gather the waist band at the back and sew it in a two places, like a flap folded over to left and to right. This makes the waist much smaller and as they have a double seam on the bum (unlike crappy M&S etc) it doesn't remove the space on the bum. Voila, perfect tights that don't fall down. The waist is still stretchy to get on and off.

Takes me 2 mins to stitch.
I have to do all of DS soft waist trousers too, but god knows what I'll do when he starts school.

neverputasockinatoaster Tue 02-Apr-13 09:19:42

DD wears leggings. She has sensory issues with socks so tights just added an extra dimension of horror!

Twinklestarstwinklestars Tue 02-Apr-13 10:34:43

Next start at age 3, my ds wears them for preschool and he's small.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now