Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bv in pregnancy

(6 Posts)
ciara2016 Sat 05-Nov-16 21:31:25

I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant this is really embarrassing for me but I don't know where else to turn to! I have been diagnosed with BV in the past but no re-occurrence for years and now I'm pregnant it has come back! Is it harmful for the baby? I have a doctors appointment for this Thursday coming.... would having BV while pregnant be classed as an emergency and need to be treated straight Away? Any responses appreciated!

sweetchilli77 Sat 05-Nov-16 21:38:24

I may sound thick here, but what the hell is BV

sweetchilli77 Sat 05-Nov-16 21:39:14

oh i see, bacterial vaginosis?

ciara2016 Sat 05-Nov-16 21:40:50

Yeah sorry I didn't make it more clear blush

Buttwing Sat 05-Nov-16 21:41:25

I would imagine it's just like having thrush, I would just be matter of fact and say it's something you've had in the past and it flared up again. Don't be embarrassed it's just one of those things. At 39 weeks with my fourth I had really bad piles the doctor wanted to have a look. I was mortified, I joked that his must be the highlight of his career as he was peering up my huge pregnancy arseblush

Bumptittybump Sun 06-Nov-16 08:19:02

NHS website says that it is common for this to flare up in pregnancy (similar to thrush) and can pose risks to the pregnancy, especially if you have a history of complications, so should be treated. Definitely tell the doctor/midwife at your appointment. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now