Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Leg Ache

(6 Posts)
AmyG87 Wed 02-Nov-16 10:14:57

Hi ladies.

For the past few days, I've had an ache in both of my thighs. I'm 12+5 and today it feels worse. The only way I can describe it is like when you've exercised the day before and feeling the effect of that. But obviously I've not exercised!

Is this normal? Can you relate? x

Nikki2ol6 Wed 02-Nov-16 10:38:52

Could it be restless leg ? Try googling it it's fairly common in pregnancy

AmyG87 Wed 02-Nov-16 11:28:44

I've just had a quick look, and that looks to be more in the lower leg and when not moving. But mine is in the thigh and when I am moving, it's fine when I'm sat or laid down.

sycamore54321 Wed 02-Nov-16 11:44:51

You should see a doctor, it could be a DVT, especially if pain is worse when moving. You are more prone to clotting in pregnancy. Usually DVT is one leg only, not both, but I would still be concerned and ask for it to be ruled out.

AmyG87 Wed 02-Nov-16 12:25:02

Thank you sycamore54321 - I've got my first scan tomorrow so I will mention it there.

sycamore54321 Wed 02-Nov-16 15:08:52

Unfortunately I first thought my DVT was a muscle cramp also. The classic signs of swelling and discolouration came sometime later. If it is DVT, it is very urgent to get medical attention - could you telephone your doctor and describe your symptoms and ask them whether it is ok to wait until tomorrow?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now