Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tail bone pain

(5 Posts)
salmaahmed Wed 21-Sep-16 16:54:44

I'm 22 weeks pregnant and my tail bone pain is getting worse and worse everyday now. Is there anything I can do or use to ease the pain?

oatybiscuits Fri 23-Sep-16 22:20:42

I had this but I actually had it after a fall as a teenager, came back with a vengeance in pregnancy along with spd. I saw a chiropractor who kept me held together! It helped a lot. Pilates also helps as does not sitting around too much if you can

SprogletsMum Sat 24-Sep-16 08:35:43

I have this! I'm only about 9/10 weeks but it's getting really painful. I hurt my tailbone when I was about 11 and I remember it hurt for months and my mum never took me to see anyone about it.
It hurt for a bit when I lost loads of weight which I'm assuming was because it wasn't so padded anymore but this is the first time it's hurt during pregnancy.

growcookeat Sat 24-Sep-16 09:55:35

I also have this! Just come on in last couple of days - I'm only 8 weeks pg. I have done a few long car journeys so think the sitting down isn't helping. Going to try a long walk this morning to see if it eases up.
Anyone got any tips?

Slave2thecat Sat 24-Sep-16 10:03:32

I have this. Physio said I have SPD. Try to be careful how you manoeuvre yiurself around knees together as you bend, get out of bed/car - keep your pelvis aligned. Do your pelvic floor exercises. Go swimming gently but no breaststroke (as you don't keep your pelvis together). Stand / sit with your weight equally on both legs / feet. Don't stres your pelvis /hips.

Tell your midwife and maybe a physio.

Sympathies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now