Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 week scan - sack seen but no heartbeat, anyone else had this?

(6 Posts)
user1473072700 Fri 16-Sep-16 13:12:48

Hi Guys,

I had an early ultrasound yesterday due to some spotting, they dated me around 5 weeks and said all they could see was a sack and that it was in the right place but that was it. Ive been booked in for another scan in 2 weeks. Does anyone have any experience of this? The dr didnt really say a lot so I'm hoping thats positive and the scanner just kept saying its very early. I just wan time to hurry so I can know for sure everything is fine! Any experiences welcome! thank you x

LynseyH Fri 16-Sep-16 13:28:58

It is very very early. 6 wks is usually the very earliest they spot a heartbeat, no need to panic as from what they did see, everything is as it should be :-)

Nottalotta Fri 16-Sep-16 13:46:16

Very early to see a heartbeat. You should see it next time., smile

Vida32 Fri 16-Sep-16 15:26:00

If your dates are accurate I wouldn't be too worried by this. I have just had a very similar situation but they thought I was six weeks when I had the first scan and they could only see a sac. Because I was supposed to be six they were worried about blighted ovum. There was then a very worrying 10 days waiting for the next scan but then they found a yolk sac, fetal pole and heartbeat. Turned out I'd only been five weeks at the first scan and had had an unusually long cycle.

So, in my case, just the sac at what turned out to be five weeks and heartbeat wasn't found until 6+.

ConvincingLiar Fri 16-Sep-16 19:12:10

I'm similar to Vida. Had a scan for spotting expecting to be 8 weeks, had sac measured at 5 weeks. Scan 2 weeks later shows heart beat and foetus measuring at 7 weeks. Put down as unusually long cycle.

Good luck op!

alphabook Sat 17-Sep-16 21:10:47

I had a scan at 6 weeks, there was a gestational sac and a possible yolk sac and that was it. I was told I was most likely going to have a miscarriage. Had a follow up at 8 weeks and everything was absolutely fine, baby measured spot on and there was a heartbeat. 5 weeks is really early, I know how scary it is but try not to worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now