Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Disappearing symptoms?

(9 Posts)
MaisyL68 Thu 15-Sep-16 20:30:22

Hi so I'm extremely worried!! I'm 7-8 weeks pregnant, but I feel like my symptoms are disappearing?! I had the worst sore breasts and was extremely tired+hungry, but the past day or two they seem to be disappearing, my breasts arnt as tender as before, I'm still eatting quite abit and very tired but not as much as before, I've had no bleeding but a few cramps but have had them the whole time, I'm so so so worried that somethings gone wrong! Would I have been bleeding already if something has gone wrong? I just don't feel as "pregnant" anymore?

LynseyH Fri 16-Sep-16 11:46:12

I haven't had personal experience of this but I have read many times that as your body gets used to the surge of hormones, you'll feel abit better, then a new surge of more hormones come along and you'll feel bad all over again!
Bit of a roller coaster.
The first trimester is really tough but fingers crossed all is still well. Cramping is also very common early on as your body is changing in preparation to grow your baby!

Normal advice is: if pain is unbearable, seek help.
If you do have bleeding, it's not necessarily bad news, but if it's filling a pad in an hour you need to seek help.

Only saying the above 'just in case'. Best of luck!

MaisyL68 Fri 16-Sep-16 21:47:04

Thank you so much for your advice! It's my first time, im such a worrier !

LynseyH Fri 16-Sep-16 21:57:38

Aw it's an amazing experience but definitely the roller coaster I mentioned!! Try not to panic, try and enjoy your good days (stock up on lots of snacks for the bad days!) and let things happen.
Congratulations!!

nennyrainbow Fri 16-Sep-16 22:28:12

Symptoms do come and go, don't worry, it's normal. In the first trimester, you're either feeling sick or if you're not, you're worrying about why you're not feeling sick! So just try to relax and enjoy it. I also remember having crampy pains in the early weeks with my first, but not with later pregnancies, which I put down to the womb and ligaments stretching for the first time. I even went and had an early scan because of the stretching pain, and then felt silly when I got there and the baby was fine, but the midwife said it happens all the time.

Christmasbaby16 Sat 17-Sep-16 18:42:53

Congratulations flowers

If it helps you to relaxa little, I never had any symptoms and was constantly worrying about the lack of them. .. midwife said to feel lucky not to have had them and not to believe all that you read...!
I did have really bad cramping for around 6 weeks ( I was abroad for two of these weeks so was extremley worried but hubby was fabulous at keeping posiyive tgoughts) and all I did was worry and thought the worst but fortunately all was perfect and bump is doing really well now at 29 weeks.
My point is, don't worry yourself too much (you will worry) and try to relax and let nature take its course. smile

MaisyL68 Sat 17-Sep-16 22:54:54

Thank you all! Just such a worrier! My boobs are starting to get very tender again!, did any of you ladies have the flu jab? I was ment to have mine today but had a major panic attack, as I'm petrified of needles! Did any of you refuse it?

Adventuregame Tue 20-Sep-16 09:32:42

Same happening here at the moment. Woke up this morning and symptoms seem to have gone ? I'm 6 weeks. I had a mmc last year so I'm constantly worried and not enjoying this at all !

MaisyL68 Tue 20-Sep-16 16:31:46

Mine did too Hun! Seem to be in full swing again now tho! I wouldn't worry to much Hun I was so so worried but within a few days they were back twice as bad lol xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now