Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain during sex

(7 Posts)
Tink2015 Mon 08-Aug-16 22:44:17

. I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant and of the last week every time I have sex while on top I get a massive shooting pain in my side which makes me uncomfortable and I have to stop. Is there any advice anyone can give me and why this is happening thank you in advance.

DesignedForLife Tue 09-Aug-16 09:34:57

Think it's probably best to ask your midwife in that one. I've not experienced it, maybe someone who has will be along soon!

Tink2015 Tue 09-Aug-16 09:42:31

Thank you and I hope so Maybe someone will come along and help with some advice or something.

daisygirlmac Wed 10-Aug-16 16:44:35

I'm 14 weeks and had this a few days ago during sex! I actually think it was just wind that was in the wrong place and everything got a bit jiggled about ifyswim and it was really painful and I ended up frightening DH half to death by yelping and shoving him off me. Went to the bathroom and had a good trump and felt 100 times better!

Tink2015 Wed 10-Aug-16 16:52:12

I think in all honestly that's what I'm struggling with is wind and actually getting it out glad I'm not alone thank you smile

daisygirlmac Wed 10-Aug-16 16:56:31

Tink get some Rennie deflatine they are a bloody lifesaver, I've tried peppermint tea, long walks and yoga and they are the only thing that helps! One thing we've really found helpful is to have sex in the morning as I'm always a lot less windy when I wake up grin and it's never painful like it is sometimes at night. HTH

Tink2015 Wed 10-Aug-16 17:13:28

I will deffo try that thank you so much smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now