Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12 weeks and scared TMI

(9 Posts)
Trulyamnearanear Tue 19-Jul-16 18:44:24

I had my dating scan last Friday at 11w+6.
Heartbeat and wriggles.
Just came home and wiped and there's blood. It's brown but more than I've had previously (had spotting on and off and viability scan).
I've just checked with a Doppler and I can find a heartbeat (I used this with my first pg so I'm pretty confident it is what it is).
So now I'm just scared. Last pg was mc but much earlier. I don't know how I will cope if it's not ok.sad

Colabottle10 Tue 19-Jul-16 18:49:04

First of all, get rid of the doppler. You know that hearing a heartbeat means nothing in terms of babys' health.

If you are concerned, ring your MW.

Thequilltosurvive Tue 19-Jul-16 18:51:09

I second PP. A Doppler is no good unless you are training to use them - it's apparently very easy to pick up your own heartbeat or sounds from the umbilical cord. The last thing you need is to be lulled into a false sense of security and fail to contact a professional if you need one. Having said all that, unless the blood turns bright red I'm sure you'll be fine. If you've seen a healthy baby by 12 weeks your chances of miscarriage are very low.

2ManySweets Tue 19-Jul-16 18:53:35

You mustn't panic. But please ring your local EPU (early pregnancy unit) if you have the details available. They should be in the "big file" you would've got at your booking in appointment.

Failing that, just call you local maternity unit.

You're not an NHS timewaster, you're a very worried pregnant lady. That's what EPUs and midwives units are there for. I hope all is well.

Colabottle - training course in compassion for you required methinks.

Trulyamnearanear Tue 19-Jul-16 19:07:45

I haven't seen my midwife yet, although I have been to EPU twice already. I think I'll see how the night goes, as they wont be able to do a scan until the tomorrow anyway.

PeppasNanna Tue 19-Jul-16 23:30:12

Good luck flowers

user1467618369 Wed 20-Jul-16 02:26:02

Oh bless you! I would be scared too, again I echo other replies, get checked out, a doppler isn't a MW/Doctor. How are you feeling today?
flowers

Trulyamnearanear Wed 20-Jul-16 08:41:09

Thank you. The bleeding has eased over night, so unless anything changes I'll wait until I see my midwife (booking appointment tomorrow morning). Now I'm just checking and checking.

Thequilltosurvive Wed 20-Jul-16 11:37:01

Sounds like it'll be fine. I'm sure the MW will reassure you flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now