Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

hayfever hell

(8 Posts)
twoundertwowillbefun Wed 08-Jun-16 08:46:16

Right - second pregnancy thru the summer a i've just started suffering terribly again...I literally look like I've broken up with EVERYBODY; leaky eyeballs, snotty nose, general blotchiness and super sonic sneezes (which can make me we a bit too but that's a whole other thread)....please give some ideas that work to relieve it a bit, chasing after my 19 month old DD with this is hell envy

superwormissuperstrong Wed 08-Jun-16 08:50:09

Piriton and beconase have both been given to me this year by gp as I've found its one of the worst hay fever years for me in a long time. (Pharmacist may not provide without a prescription if you look obviously pregnant)

twoundertwowillbefun Wed 08-Jun-16 09:20:40

I'm 6 months and fairly heavy now....otherwise I'd be trying that!

seven201 Wed 08-Jun-16 09:31:47

I've taken ceterizine throughout my whole pregnancy and I'm now 38 weeks pregnant.

superwormissuperstrong Wed 08-Jun-16 16:34:53

hi two under - sorry if I wasn't clear - I'm also pregnant. The pharmacist wasn't happy to sell me the anti histamines but advised me to speak to my gp and get a prescription which is what I did - so have been able to take them with gp's blessing.

Pootles2010 Wed 08-Jun-16 16:42:00

Cetirizine is approved by the nhs for pregnancy. Double checked with midwife, all is well. Thank fuck.

seven201 Wed 08-Jun-16 17:45:33

Just buy it in a supermarket, that's what I do.

dementedpixie Wed 08-Jun-16 17:49:19

Loratidine is also OK in pregnancy according to NHS site. You can buy them in supermarkets and other shops/chemists

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now