Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Blood Clot 9 weeks pregnant

(10 Posts)
Nicolet123 Thu 02-Jun-16 08:04:42

Hi,

Im 9 weeks pregnant. I woke up today feeling weird went toilet to literally feel the blood clot coming out of me. Sorry to be so graphic. I've got one of those blue things in my toilet so couldn't really see the size but it felt quite big. I'm just worried that I've miscarried. I'm gonna call my gp today to see if I can get a referral to the hospitial.

Is this normal?

CarrotVan Thu 02-Jun-16 13:22:11

Have you been to the doctor/EPU? Passing clots can happen but it's less usual than spotting or a bit of liquid blood in a successful pregnancy.

Hope it's ok

Nicolet123 Thu 02-Jun-16 13:50:49

I have got a doctors appointment at the hospital for a scan tomorrow morning. Ive already got a child an i couldn't remember this happening the last time. but hopefully things are alright, im trying not to stress.

LittleLionMansMummy Thu 02-Jun-16 14:23:05

I passed a large clot (actually thought it was my period because it was before I took a pregnancy test) when I was around 6 weeks. Ds is now 5 and very healthy. So it can happen and end happily, although as Carrot said it is more rare. Fingers crossed for you, hope everything is OK.

hopeful31yrs Thu 02-Jun-16 17:19:21

I have a subchorionic haematoma. Bled heavily at 9 weeks and passed clots probably the size of a 50p piece. Was absolutely convinced that was it - but baby was bouncing around healthy as could be. Significantly I had gushes of blood and then nothing inbetween. Here to hand hold if required xxx

PeppaPigStinks Thu 02-Jun-16 22:07:52

I too had a subchrionic at around that time. Good luck tomorrow flowers

Jodie1982 Fri 03-Jun-16 15:31:42

HI Nicolet123 how is everything? Hope your scan went well.

Nicolet123 Sat 04-Jun-16 20:34:11

Hiya everyone.
Scan went well everything was fine.

They didn't really give me a clear reason to the bleed. But I haven't bled again since so I'm feeling a bit more confident.

Thanks x

Jodie1982 Sat 04-Jun-16 23:36:56

Excellent. Pleased to hear everything is well. Take it easy if you can. cake

PeppaPigStinks Sun 05-Jun-16 22:04:34

That's good news! I was told to take it easy for a few weeks. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now