Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Recurrent BV

(2 Posts)
BStar Mon 30-May-16 14:00:06

Hi ladies, I'm plagued with recurrent BV that doesn't seem to respond to antibiotics. I tested positive again a few weeks ago and took a course of flagyl, before finding out I'm pregnant the day after I finished the course. I started a course of Relactagel, which normally helps, to try and clear it as the antibiotics didn't seem to clear it. I'm waiting on a re-swab test results now but so itchy and still have a yellowy-mucousy discharge. No smell. I'm 6+2 now, what else can I try? Has anyone else had this problem? Really don't want to chance another course of antibiotics while still in first trimester.

seven201 Mon 30-May-16 17:25:15

Sorry I don't know much about BV but I think treating it with antibiotics is preferable to leaving it as I think it can be a slight miscarriage risk? As I said though I don't know much about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now