Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning sickness/IBS

(16 Posts)
AnUtterIdiot Sat 16-Apr-16 14:55:00

Just under 7 weeks, spent first 5 weeks worrying about absence of nausea, now constantly nauseous. My IBS is exacerbated by gluten, and I don't like most gluten free biscuit and bread substitutes. Have tried eating oatcakes but they're too gritty. Feeling a bit desperate. Anyone able to recommend something that helps morning sickness that is not bread or crackers?

RaeSkywalker Sat 16-Apr-16 14:57:11

I'm living off rice cakes if that helps! Or could you have Rhyvita?

Mishaps Sat 16-Apr-16 15:00:18

My IBS vanished like snow in summer in all my pregnancies, so take heart. The pregnancy hormones slow the gut down. Once you are over this initial nausea, you may find that life improves gutwise.

AnUtterIdiot Sat 16-Apr-16 15:10:55

Rice cakes! I have always found them a bit bland BUT I do not actively dislike them. Will give them a go.

Mishaps that would make me soooo happy.

Mishaps Sat 16-Apr-16 15:14:06

Try baby rice cakes - you can get them with a layer of fruit on - or even chocolate (perhaps not yet!).

AnUtterIdiot Sat 16-Apr-16 15:18:38

Chocolate is not my friend. Basically, all food hates me at the moment sad

AnUtterIdiot Sat 16-Apr-16 15:20:08

Even eggs. Eggs have always been my absolute favourite food to eat and now I can barely look at them without heaving.

RaeSkywalker Sat 16-Apr-16 15:37:26

I feel for you. I can't handle bread, potato, any dairy at all, or anything sweet. DH just made himself cheese on toast and the smell made me very unwell. flowers for you, it's horrid.

You could always start on plain rice cakes and then try flavours? Tesco do some ones with natural Apple flavouring which are ok.

RaeSkywalker Sat 16-Apr-16 15:39:55

Oh and pasta. I can't eat that either. The joys of pregnancy!

canyou Sat 16-Apr-16 15:40:21

Corn cakes have a bit more taste then rice cakes. Kelkin do a range and the aldi ones are also nice

Liss85 Sat 16-Apr-16 19:16:12

Perhaps some oat cookies? Nairns apparently do stem ginger oat biscuits which may be worth a try.

Liss85 Sat 16-Apr-16 19:17:07

I ate a lot of crisps too.

AnUtterIdiot Sat 16-Apr-16 20:45:02

Thanks all! I picked up some corn cakes - had forgotten about those. I am also eating a lot of crisps, particularly sharp or savoury-tasting ones. The problem is that I could quite easily eat eight bags of crisps a day and nothing else, which I probably shouldn't do.

AnUtterIdiot Sat 16-Apr-16 20:46:43

I have some of the stem ginger biscuits actually, but their oatcakey texture is annoying my stupidly picky system at the moment. None of this makes keeping the pregnancy quiet for the next 6 weeks easy!

I shouldn't whinge, really, I've got off very lightly so far

canyou Sat 16-Apr-16 20:55:32

If you can stomach crisps eat crisp, dont worry about it just eat what you can. It gets better

canyou Sat 16-Apr-16 20:56:41

Kelkin honey oat biscuits are very sweet but ginger and easy on the stomach

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now