Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy and ulcerative colitis

(10 Posts)
sophied1983 Tue 05-Apr-16 13:33:52

Anyone else in the same boat?

lilyhugs86 Fri 08-Apr-16 20:52:55

Hi I am!
I have Crohn's/UC, and I'm 7 weeks 1 day.

sophied1983 Fri 08-Apr-16 21:04:56

How are you feeling?

I have been in quite a lot of pain sad

Junosmum Fri 08-Apr-16 21:11:46

I've found with most bowel/ intestine or autoimmune disease either vastly improves or increases in severity when pregnant. My ibs/food intolerances flared horrifically in the first trimester, so much so that hcps thought that I was having an ectopic pregnancy.

sophied1983 Sat 09-Apr-16 08:20:35

I haven't been medicating for my UC for about 5 years... but been feeling quite poorly recently and they did bloods which showed my inflammatory markers were sky-high... luckily been referred very quickly so seeing consultant on Monday.

brucebogtrotter Sun 10-Apr-16 08:20:28

How are you getting on? I'm 34 weeks and had a nasty Crohn's flare last week, which has made me stress about the baby. Had to start a course of Pred and Modulen which I'm not thrilled about but reminding myself I need to be well for baby to be well. ..confused

sophied1983 Wed 04-May-16 21:41:36

Consultant didn't seem fussed about my inflammatory markers and keep me off medication. Doesn't help when you feel rough though!

FoxgloveStar Thu 05-May-16 18:32:13

37 week and with Crohns in remission. It's a scary time and I'm paranoid about a flare during or after pregnancy. Hospital are keeping a close eye on me. It's hard to tell the difference between pain/poo issues due to normal pregnancy stuff and potential flare up.

sophied1983 Fri 06-May-16 07:04:19

I agree. All the grumbles from my bowel I confuse with baby.

Eastpoint Fri 06-May-16 07:07:28

My oldest is 18 but I was prescribed steroid enemas with her, they were a foam with a nozzle (rather like squirty cream) and I found them very effective. I haven't had any flare ups since 2004, I hope this is reassuring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now