Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Evaporation line or a positive?

(15 Posts)
brianal82 Wed 27-Jan-16 00:30:18

I am new here and very sorry if this has been posted already. But I am really stressing out. I took a test about 1 pm today and watched it for a minute or so Idk I really didnt look at it long and it was negative so I threw it in the trash and went on. About 4:30pm I went to pee again and thought what the heck so I picked it up and looked at it and about fainted because it showed positive. It's a Rexall brand with blue dye. I know I am not supposed to read them after 10 mins but I have taken many test before and never had this happen. It's very positive, no squinting has to be done..the line is definitely there and definitely blue. Has anyone else had this happen!? Am I pregnant or what!? My periods are very irregular so they are unpredictable.

SnuffleGruntSnorter Wed 27-Jan-16 00:34:43

Test again in the mir img, choose a pink dye one instead as apparently they're better.

I hope you get the outcome you want

SushiAndTheBanshees Wed 27-Jan-16 00:40:57

Yes test again in the morning, with the most "reputable" brand of test you can afford.

Good luck for the outcome.

tangerinesarenottheonlyfruit Wed 27-Jan-16 00:58:14

"the most "reputable" brand of test you can afford"

FWIW the ones the doctors use are pretty much the same as the pound shop ones!

If you pay more you're paying for packaging / convenience, not accuracy.

brianal82 Wed 27-Jan-16 01:38:44

Thanks. I am 28 and never been pregnant, I'm really hoping for it to be positive...trying really hard not to get my hopes up. I bought a clear blue test earlier to take in the morning, I will probably end up going to buy a pink dye test before the night is over because I'm about to drive myself insane...I have googled everything imaginable confused

Junosmum Wed 27-Jan-16 05:34:14

Pink dye tests are better, clear blue are awful until your period is a few days late

MaryEllen1 Wed 27-Jan-16 05:36:31

I got asda own for about £3 for a pack of 2 they were pink dye ones

Good luck hope you get the positive you are after smile

brianal82 Wed 27-Jan-16 06:11:16

Thanks ladies! I am so inpatient, I went ahead and wee on the clearblue test tonight since I am buying a pink dye test for my FMU and it done the same thing!!
Rexall test I looked at it 3 hours later and it was positive or evap.
Clearblue plus was negative then 45 minutes later it was faint blue 😞😞

Junosmum Wed 27-Jan-16 06:31:06

Those aren't telling you anything as blue dye tests are dreadful for leaving evaps. Good luck with the pink dye ones.

tangerinesarenottheonlyfruit Wed 27-Jan-16 12:15:32

The test is only valid at the time. With the first test you only looked at it for a minute (how long does the pack say to wait?) so it's possible you may have missed the line appearing.

But lines appearing 45 minutes or longer don't tell you anything, sorry sad

All you can do is wait and test again (or don't test if you can bear it!) until your period comes or you get a BFP.

VocationalGoat Wed 27-Jan-16 12:21:10

Evaporation lines. flowers sad
Believe me, I feel your pain and I was that woman last week throwing around cash on pregnancy tests only to get negative after negative (I was ten days late!) but a positive needs to show up quite quickly.
45 minutes later is not a positive test.
And blue dye is so mean that way.
Pink dye, every time. Try again with pink.

Sunnydays321 Wed 27-Jan-16 20:53:33

Sorry, I had three Evaps last month on tests that were looked at after the time frame (it's so tempting isn't it! OV learnt my lesson!), the lines were blue... And I definitely wasn't pregnant! Doesn't mean you aren't but the tests are only positive if in the time frame. Fingers crossed for you. X

1985laura Thu 28-Jan-16 07:58:34

I'm new to this whole trying thing being trying since mid Dec. Nothing seen in December. But all of a sudden yesterday and today my pregnancy tests showed as this. I don't want to get our hopes up about being pregnant. I took some on the morning some on my he afternoon and evening to be sure, with a mixture of tests. I even got my partner(bf) to do a test! Could someone shed light on if I'm seeing pregnancy or evaporation line?! I've only ever seen straight negative tests!

ShowYourSeams Thu 28-Jan-16 14:24:03

laura you'll probably get more responses if you start your own thread rather than adding to an existing one.
why did you get your boyfriend to take a pregnancy test?

1985laura Thu 28-Jan-16 16:09:42

To check the cheap tests weren't faulty X I know it sounds crazy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now