Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Panic over leaky breasts?

(6 Posts)
Ahayes18 Sat 08-Aug-15 16:39:01

I am 32 weeks pregnant and I have been leaking since 27 weeks. I am just worried because only one breast is leaking while the other doesn't......the breast that leaks can saturate breast pads and my top at night while the other doesn't do anything. both breasts slope and nipples go much darker like a black colour but only one leaks......does this mean there is no milk in my breast or there is something blocking it? should I be worried at the amount leaking out of my other breast and should I be worried about consistency?
one doesn't do anything while the other leaks like a tap.....time to panic or is it normal? x

mummyneedinganswers Sat 08-Aug-15 16:41:30

Ive been leaking from 16 weeks and my right breast leaks loads right down tops and through clothes and my left breast has knly leaked maybe 3/4 times in 7 weekz as now 23 weeks pregnant so im not sure if its something to worry about I thought it was normal x

Skeppers Sat 08-Aug-15 16:42:34

I'm 39+6 and haven't leaked at all! I'm sure the milk will come in eventually. I wouldn't worry too much, it's still early doors.

contractor6 Sat 08-Aug-15 16:45:35

Right boob leaks more than left....not sure why

sarkymare Sat 08-Aug-15 16:51:53

During my first pregnancy my right breast leaked whilst my left remained totally 'dry' once DS was born and my milk properly came in I did notice that my right breast was always more full and seemed to produce more milk. I did successfully breast feed him from both breasts for over 16 months so it didn't hinder feeding at all for me.

BoffinMum Sat 08-Aug-15 22:18:19

A Lily Pad might help with the leaking. Silicon flexible shield you can't see under clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now