Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Changing bags

(33 Posts)
bumpandbaby2014 Fri 29-Aug-14 19:41:30

Hello everyone.

Can I please ask what changing bags you all have? I can't decide what to get so recommendations are needed!

Is a leather one worth the extra?

Are Pink Lining ones any good? Or Pacapod? Or Babymel?

Waggamamma Fri 29-Aug-14 20:46:55

I've bought a babymel and love it although baby isn't actually here yet. With ds I has the free boots one and it did the job but carrying it around everyday for at least a year I figured it was worth investing in a bit of luxury this time.

SweetPeaPods Fri 29-Aug-14 20:49:23

Love my pacapod

Jaffakake Fri 29-Aug-14 20:49:40

I started with the free Boots one, but ended up formula feeding, so it wast big enough. I then bought a nice denim blue colour one from Mothercare. It did the job & I'll be reusing it this time too.

Pointlessfan Fri 29-Aug-14 20:50:09

We got the cheapest one in Mothercare. DH wanted one that he wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen with and a lot of the others were really girly. It's great, does the job but I think a simple rucksack would be more practical, esp if you use a sling.

SpringtimeSun Fri 29-Aug-14 20:52:26

I swear by JuJuBe bags, can go in the washing machine and have loads of pockets for organisation.

donkir Fri 29-Aug-14 20:52:46

I use pacapod at work (I'm a nanny) and I hate it. Once you've filled the pods with bottles/snacks and nappies and wipes there's no room in the middle section for spare clothes, purse, keys etc.

sleepyhead Fri 29-Aug-14 20:54:07

I had a Kipling medium sized rucksack. Loads of space & pockets and machine washable in case of nappy bag /bottle/snack leakage.

No longer need a change bag but I'm still using it to haul all my junk around.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Fri 29-Aug-14 21:03:52

I sent my pink lining one back. The strap wasn't long enough to go over my buggy handles.

Bought a ludicrously expensive one from StorkSak which is lovely (sigh) but not really a necessary expense!!!

I have a bababing grey satchel. Dh wanted a unisex looking one. It has a thermal pouch and and extra removable one. Lots of room. I can take everything for my reflux, needs a lot of changes baby and her big, just toilet trained so needs spare clothes sisters. I've had it 3 years and it is still looking great.

Kelbells Fri 29-Aug-14 21:15:17

I have a storksak Elizabeth (tan leather). My husband bought it for me as a pre baby pressie as my friend's top tip was to buy a lush changing bag so that when you feel shocking from the sleep deprivation, chuck on a scarf, necklace and your 'andsome back and you'll look put together... It was so worth it! My DS is 22 months and I've treated the bag badly! It still looks amazing, gets compliments and although DS is potty trained it's a great everyday bag... I'm 6 weeks pregnant and it's definitely up to another 2 years and beyond! Considering almost everything else I bought for babies has come from eBay and hand me downs... I still wouldn't hesitate in saying get one!

Kelbells Fri 29-Aug-14 21:16:48

*'andsome bag!

NickyEds Fri 29-Aug-14 21:40:49

We have 4 changing bagsblush. A pacapod which I like-it's big so we use that for days out. A really small back pack for little trips to town. A BabaBing which is OH's as it's brown and manly(???). And finally... the best one is a Quinny bag that fits onto the chassis of the buggy. The Pacapod is the best quality and I suspect will last the longest. I started out with just a canvas back pack and it was rubbish- I need compartments!

Blueblackdye Fri 29-Aug-14 21:52:03

I find changing bags completely useless. A large handbag is just as good.

JoyceDivision Fri 29-Aug-14 21:57:23

scramanga leather bags pass as non feeding bags and nice and not mumsy, although I used a second hand samsonite ladybird rugsack (bought off a mumsnetter!) which we still use for days out now!

Sleepyhoglet Fri 29-Aug-14 21:58:02

I'm lusting over my elizabeth storksak. It's in the nursery waiting for baby to arrive!

mrsgembles Fri 29-Aug-14 22:07:10

I've got a SkipHop Pronto, nice and compact, can't wait to use it!

HopefulHamster Fri 29-Aug-14 23:16:20

Had a babymel with my son and it was pretty good so will reuse it this time, though four years on and it's looking a bit battered. Have also got a Kipling rucksack that I'll use if carrying baby in a sling, as they're nice and spacious while being light. Have also got one that fits specifically to our pram (a Baby Jogger) but it's not my style so probably won't get used that often, and I just got my husband a Batman changing bag smile. In other words I clearly have too many!

Torfhinn Fri 29-Aug-14 23:31:08

Bought a Pacapod backpack - sent it straight back. The most impractical changing bag I've ever seen! Bought a standard backpack to use withthe sling. I use a fairly cheapie one from Mothercare with the pram. My advice - don't spend too much at first, once baby is here and you know what your particular needs are, splurge on something perfect!

Scoobsmam13 Sat 30-Aug-14 07:12:32

I had one last time and never used it. I BF and found as I wasn't lugging bottles about that a large handbag was fine for nappies and spare clothes. Ditto above, get something that will do first, then decide what you need and get the one that suits you best.

Chipandspuds Sat 30-Aug-14 07:23:14

DH has treated me to a Babymel changing bag for dc2 and I'm really pleased with it. I'm pregnant with dc2 so I haven't used the bag yet, but the material is good and wipes clean, enough pockets for me and definitely big enough for bottles, nappies, wipes and clothes smile

bumpandbaby2014 Sat 30-Aug-14 22:48:40

Thanks for the replies!

LongTailedTit Sat 30-Aug-14 23:03:37

I've currently got a Herschel backpack, as I've run out of hands since DS2 arrived and can't use a cross-body bag when using a sling/babycarrier. Spent out on a really nice backpack as it's my handbag for the foreseeable future!hmm ��

AnythingNotEverything Sat 30-Aug-14 23:12:19

Get something cheap to start with until you know what you want.

I'd looked at Storksaks while pregnant. I decided on a cheap on from Argos in the end, and by 6 months I was using a Skip Hop nappy wallet instead. Really glad I didn't splash out on an expensive one now.

ScummyWithGin Sun 31-Aug-14 05:46:31

Ooh Kelbells I have my eye on the Elizabeth Storksak! Tell me more about it! Was it really practical as well as beautiful? How were the inside sections?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now