Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is anyone else constantly shitting?

(28 Posts)
Chunderella Fri 25-Jul-14 22:13:20

Title says it all, really. TMI obviously, don't read it if you're sensitive.

I'm 10+3 with baby no 2 and for the last week or so, I've been having at least half a dozen craps a day. Not generally diarrhoea as such, but looser. Basically since it got really hot. I don't remember this happening last time, but my first trimester was in the winter so I don't know if it's heat related. I will say that I never had pregnancy constipation, though, and didn't even find the first post birth poo particularly traumatic. Generally I pride myself on my bowels. But now I feel like I can't really tolerate food- getting nausea, throwing up a bit, retching a lot- but I have to eat quite a lot because I'm always hungry. There's a mismatch. Unlike last time when I had no appetite so ate sod all: felt shit, but as a routine it worked reasonably well. Now it's like eating is a shock to my system so I'm just crapping it out.

Is anyone else experiencing these joys? All I seem to do is eat extremely small portions of food I don't want, and then shit it out again.

Chunderella Fri 25-Jul-14 22:15:28

Oh to clarify above- when I say eat a lot, I don't mean a large quantity of food, but often. Mentioning this in case it makes a difference.

Mmolly2013 Sat 26-Jul-14 01:56:40

Im 36 weeks and my whole pregnancy has been exactly what you described but maybe only once a day or once every few days but no constipation here at all. what relief

Oh god I'm only six weeks and my hoop is burning!!

It's been 8 years since my last pregnancy.I'd forgotten about this feeling. When will it end????

MrsGiraffe12 Sat 26-Jul-14 06:05:28

33+6 here and been the same the whole way through. Coupled with sickness in the first 12 weeks where I lost 13lbs I've only put on 16lbs in all (so technically only 3lbs if you count the weight I lost).

With my DS 6 years ago I was continuously on the Lactulose to keep it moving x

Burmama Sat 26-Jul-14 06:30:34

Oh boy Chunderella you hit the nail on the head. I was exactly the same at around 9/10 weeks, so shitty. confused Seems to have passed now (fingers crossed) at 13w. I recommend Bioflor and Smecta powders, natural and safe for the baby. They did the trick for me! Good luck!

Minion Sat 26-Jul-14 07:23:27

Yep, same here! I've never been so regular. Don't think I've put on too much weight either come to think of it, (famous last words),

CatteLady Sat 26-Jul-14 07:50:42

Yes! And Mountain it's good to see someone else using 'hoop'.

Chunderella Sat 26-Jul-14 08:35:57

Well, I've just completed the second dump of the day and there's plenty more where that came from. Would anyone care for a race? We can chart. The girls on the conception board get a 2 week window, for some of us it's more like 2 hours.

Anyway I am reassured to hear that burmama found this to be a temporary phenomenon, as it's getting very wearing. I never tend to take stuff for the shits, usually prefer to let it work its way out, but that doesn't really seem applicable here so I'll check out the powders. The one saving grace in my case is no ring sting- somehow. Those of you with the burning hoops have my sympathy.

BanglesSpangles Sat 26-Jul-14 08:37:12

Hahaha im such a child- these posts have made me giggle far more than is necessary, but yep, i can confirm that im in the excessive poo club too

Lisad1975 Sat 26-Jul-14 09:22:17

Ooh this is a club I can join too smile)
I think its down to the vitamins cos I never been so regular !!!
And gotta go I gotta go !!
Could be worse I suppose!!!

squizita Sat 26-Jul-14 10:46:17

Mine is either like rocks or like a poo fountain. No in-between normal poo. sad

startwig1982 Sat 26-Jul-14 10:48:49

I'm 38 weeks and on iron and the midwife said it might bung me up. But no. I'm still going at least twice a day and have all pregnancy!

Chunderella Sat 26-Jul-14 11:05:35

Poo Sisters, all of us. I'm still on 2 for the day though. Anticipate some more movement soon.

Chunderella Sat 26-Jul-14 11:22:20

Spoke too soon, numero trois. What am I bid for three? Anyone top that?

ImBrian Sat 26-Jul-14 11:38:05

I was the same in first trimester with this pregnancy. Got a bad belly on a morning which finally stopped to be replaced with ms. I think they're related!

Ugh, I'm going to die. Anytime I eat something, I have to go! I can't not eat, ill pass out and the nausea means I don't like any of the food I have

I don't fit my clothes and I'm crying every five seconds.

But most of all, I just want to stop pooing.

VikingLady Sat 26-Jul-14 19:59:42

I had this, and it coincided with morning sickness. I only ever felt faintly nauseous, never vomited, but dear god the AMOUNT that came out the bottom end!

MW told me it is quite common for morning sickness to affect your lower GI tract more than the upper. It should pass off at about 14w (with luck!)

Chunderella Sat 26-Jul-14 21:06:28

Yes takeme that's exactly how it is!

That's very interesting about the lower GI tract. I had my booking in a couple of weeks ago and this hadn't kicked off then, so obviously didn't ask. I'm not much of a chucker either, only been sick once this pregnancy and a few last. We tend to be juicy heavers rather than vomiters in my family, although I do feel very nauseous. But I'd never heard about this before. Pregnancy constipation seems to get more publicity. Did you do anything to alleviate yours in the meantime VikingLady or just carry on crapping?

Burmama Sun 27-Jul-14 11:01:46

"Carry on crapping" lol grin sorry. I would say enjoy pooing while you can. All of the sudden in last couple days mine has gone rock solid. From one extreme to the other, same as squizita. confused Try the powders OP, they were great for me at the time!

ohthegoats Sun 27-Jul-14 11:06:10

I'm so jealous of all of you. I spend quite a lot of time crying about constipation.

squizita Sun 27-Jul-14 12:01:23

Goats I have 3 days of poo hell, 3 days of 'I hope I don't get piles' pain. Seems to have no relationship to what I eat or anything.

Loveallmyboys Sun 27-Jul-14 17:54:38

I was the same. Now 19+5 and lucky to go every few days! And that's a chore in itself! The iron tablets I'm taking are erm closing things down significantly so imagine trying to poop rocks! Awesome! Suppose it's good practice for the birth tho, hey!

Keepontrudging Sun 27-Jul-14 21:10:33

Pooper here too! This thread has had me literally lolling. Very good natured smile

I tend to have days where I'm fine and others where I am not- and have diahreea. I find certain foods make me need to go ASAP! My body cannot tolerate them whilst up- duffed.
I also pride myself on my regular bowels (ha ) but the past few days things have gone the opposite way ... I think that could be worse!

Keepontrudging Sun 27-Jul-14 21:12:20

V interesting about the low gi and nauseua theory. I have has terrible nausea up to now (16weeks) in the mornings especially.Lots of retching etc but no vomiting- though wonder now of its because it's happening out t'other end!? Interesting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now