Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

positive/negative tests.

(27 Posts)
emmapemma91 Thu 26-Jun-14 23:39:14

Hi, I'm new to this so hope I'm doing this right. I had a baby girl 9 weeks ago and around 3 weeks ago me and my partner had a 'accident'. Now I keep getting faint positives only on early 'predictor tests though? CBD and others are a blatent negative. I was due on Monday, so am now 3 days late? Also is this a positive or a dye run? Thank you xxxx

doobeedee Fri 27-Jun-14 08:37:37

The line does look slightly odd to me. Have you done any more of this type? Its very likely that it's too early to show on a digi as they're not as sensitive. Also, how do you know your period is due? Did your periods come back straight away? They can be irregular for months after the birth. I'd do another test of the same type that's showing the line to compare.

emmapemma91 Fri 27-Jun-14 08:57:41

Yes I've got another three with a line on and my period started 26th May so going by that I would have been due on Monday, but yes that's true they can be irregular so could be any time really x

omgherecomesno2 Fri 27-Jun-14 09:48:31

I think you should do another one or post a picture of the others you've already done have ypu tried a first responce xx

Monkeybrain10 Fri 27-Jun-14 09:58:05

My Dr said that a positive pregnancy test is always right...negative ones are the ones to be wary of...so congratulations! I look forward to hearing if he's right!

emmapemma91 Fri 27-Jun-14 10:17:58

So fade hard to get a pic, been nearly a week since first test I took and still not getting darker x

omgherecomesno2 Fri 27-Jun-14 11:28:46

I can see a line on both try a first response there pretty good I did two of those and both had faint line so did a clear blue digi two days later and it said 1-2 weeks yourhormones should double every two days so it should be stronger now i think you should definitely do another one xx

emmapemma91 Fri 27-Jun-14 12:10:33

I done another this morning the same brand and its still really faded xx

omgherecomesno2 Fri 27-Jun-14 13:57:52

Try a first response there alot better or a clear blue my line stayed faint on the cheap ones xx

KeithTheCat Fri 27-Jun-14 14:01:39

is it possible you still have hormones from 9 weeks ago?

I can't remember how long they take to go away.

emmapemma91 Fri 27-Jun-14 16:50:44

IS that possible ?xx

Lozmatoz Fri 27-Jun-14 20:05:27

I think you're pregnant from the look of the pics. The cheaper tests are usually the more accurate as more sensitive. Wait a few days and retest to be sure, but they false positives don't happen.

mrsgembles Fri 27-Jun-14 20:07:45

I used a digi 4 days before my period was due and it said 'pregnant' - they're quite sensitive too. Maybe try one of them?!

Congrats if you are, two wee babies! Eee!

emmapemma91 Sat 28-Jun-14 07:01:40

I tried a digi and was negative, every other test apart from the 'predictor' ones are xx

omgherecomesno2 Sat 28-Jun-14 08:24:06

you must not be pregnant then xx

emmapemma91 Thu 03-Jul-14 19:19:09

Took a first response and predictor test today and look positive to me smile but bit concerned how long it's taking my hcg levels to rise sad doctor says they're very low ? I would be 5 weeks gone xxx

omgherecomesno2 Thu 03-Jul-14 22:33:20

post picture xx

omgherecomesno2 Thu 03-Jul-14 22:35:55

Just seen pictures sorry was on my phone befor yep your definitely pregnant you may of ovulated late and not be as far as you thought congrats xx

maddyw1988 Thu 03-Jul-14 23:38:26

deffo looks positive to me! congrats smile xx

MrsGiraffe12 Fri 04-Jul-14 05:34:44

Looks positive to me. Maybe go to the docs and ask for a blood serum test to confirm, they may send you for a scan as you are not that far postnatal so may be a residual hormone, though to be honest I think they would have gone now x

omgherecomesno2 Fri 04-Jul-14 09:13:51

ow and buy the way ur doctor is talking rubbish my lines were just as faint as that at five weeks with both pregnancies unless hes actually done a blood test he can't confirm low levels so I wouldnt listen to that but I would request a blood test then maybe an early scan to determine the gestation good luck xx

emmapemma91 Fri 04-Jul-14 10:17:17

I have had blood tests two days apart to see if hcg level rising, should get results today but he said he knows from first blood test I have low hcg levels. Took a cbd and positive :D that's got to be a good sign I hope xx

emmapemma91 Fri 04-Jul-14 13:42:52

Doc said their test showed hardly any hcg and im 'no longer pregnant'?xx

omgherecomesno2 Fri 04-Jul-14 14:17:25

im so sorry to hear that its not nice ino myself ive had seven miscarriages its awful I hooe you have good support around you sending hugs xx

lloydlf76 Fri 04-Jul-14 14:32:19

I would guess that you've been getting false positives from residual HCG left over from your very recent pregnancy. The HCG can stay in your system 6+ weeks after birth with a full term pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now