Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fathers day..

(6 Posts)
Firstpregnancy2014 Tue 03-Jun-14 20:40:06

My partner has been amazing so far during my pregnancy!
Im only 4 months gone- so I know the ride is going to get bumpier
He has helped me with sickness, changed his routines, made sure I always have a good lunch for work and tea on the table when I get home, booked days off when was hospitalised and has generally put up with me being abit of a pain in the ass.

So.. I want to get him 'father to be' gift. Something for him to enjoy and to show how much I appreciate everything. I don't want to spend much money- I have been looking at dad to be survival kits but the ones on ebay don't look very pleasing to the eye but I really like the idea of them!
Does anyone have any suggestions? smile

mssleepyhead Tue 03-Jun-14 21:08:57

how about putting one together yourself?
my husband really enjoyed this, which i got him for christmas: www.amazon.co.uk/Fatherhood-The-Truth-Marcus-Berkmann/dp/0091900638/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401826050&sr=8-1&keywords=fatherhood+book
you could add in some ear plugs (!)...
and i'm sure others would have lots of suggestions!

Geminiwitch22 Tue 03-Jun-14 21:12:02

With my due date (atm) being 2 weeks before father's day I got him a dad pocket watch and am writing a letter from bump saying that he can't wait to see him and thanks for looking after mummy. I know it sounds a little over the top but I think it's perfect for him.

ViviPru Tue 03-Jun-14 22:50:59

Thanks for that recommendation MsSleepy, that looks really good. I think I'll get it for DH smile

Firstpregnancy2014 Tue 03-Jun-14 23:13:41

Just ordered it looks great thanks!!

Barbsta Wed 04-Jun-14 00:20:43

I got that book and a t shirt with "the man behind the bump" on since he likes to brag by pointing at my belly and saying he made that lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now