Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Not Feeling Great

(5 Posts)
SparklyMonkeyMummy Tue 13-May-14 13:03:37

Hi,

Just wondering if this is normal really. I am 36 + 4 with our second DD. Over the weekend I ring the midwife as my feet had really swollen up, however she was not concerned and reassured me.

Today I feel very nauseous, lethargic and light-headed. Is this to be expected this far along? Baby is still moving fine btw.

joosiewoosie Tue 13-May-14 14:10:20

Get thee to a medical knowledgeable person. It may well be nothing, but swollen feet plus your other bits might be pre-eclampsia. Let yourself get checked out, pampered and tested as much as you need now...you are nearly there! X

joosiewoosie Tue 13-May-14 14:12:00

Forgot to day, if you don't fancy face to face as it's a hassle, why not try calling 111 as a first off? At least they'll have a checklist to go through with you and can advise you properly.
Good luck x

katandkits Tue 13-May-14 14:12:13

I agree, phone the hospital and get monitored if you are not sure. It might be nothing but its always a good idea to get bp and urine tested to rule out pre eclampsia.

SparklyMonkeyMummy Tue 13-May-14 17:05:47

Thank you smile I'll get on and do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now