Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help with nursery

(16 Posts)
twinklestar2 Thu 17-Apr-14 12:27:15

I'm due in a few months and have painted the walls of my nursery aquamarine for baby - we haven't found out the sex.

Does anyone have any ideas what curtains / bedding would go with this colour? At first I thought keep everything white but I think some funky colours or theme would be nice?

Any ideas? All help appreciated smile

TwigletFiend Thu 17-Apr-14 12:32:58

Brown actually goes nicely with blue, but maybe a bit dark for a nursery. What about white but add some funky lime green accents as well? grin

squizita Thu 17-Apr-14 13:38:20

Ikea (soft furnishings, storage, sleep bags etc') and George (cots and cot beds) have some lovely 'bright' patterns with lots of fresh colours (yellow, green, blue, red, orange purple) which would go well in a gender neutral room. I thought they were very cheerful and modern, fx my 20wk scan next week will go well and I can buy some bits!
Also, being quite bright and not 'baby pastel' you can get away with it a little longer into childhood before repainting... grin me being lazy mwahahaahaaa!

Yoruba Thu 17-Apr-14 23:37:49

How about pale grey? That always looks lovely with that shade of blue. or you could wait and if its a girl add pink accents. Dds room is aquamarine with pink bits and it looks great, really complementary.

With a bright colour on the walls you need to be a little careful it doesn't end up a bit overwhelming! I would go for lots of white / grey with a few really fab bright accents. Maybe white curtains and bedding with a yellow light shade and rug or something...

White isn't always boring either, dd has the most fantastic white scalloped voile curtains. Obviously not gender neutral grin but not too in your face.

Friedbrain Fri 18-Apr-14 00:21:36

jungle theme?

icklekid Fri 18-Apr-14 05:33:44

I agree with yoruba light grey with accents of yellow could be lovely. Depends how bright the walks are? Search pinterest for ideas!

Being honest... If it was me- I'm bit scared of bright colours I would go for white as think it would be smart but practical!

icklekid Fri 18-Apr-14 05:42:17

Got a bit carried away on pinterest...

With white www.pinterest.com/pin/268738302738187032/

White and green www.pinterest.com/pin/307018899569451072/

With cream www.pinterest.com/pin/207517495304488532/

Perhaps bit extreme but if you like bright yellow www.pinterest.com/pin/428827195738851571/

Last one and my favourite with grey and yellow www.pinterest.com/pin/138133913544028313/

icklekid Fri 18-Apr-14 06:38:31

Sorry I should atop looking at nursery pics but just found this gorgeous one projectnursery.com/projects/aqua-and-gray-chevron-nursery/

twinklestar2 Fri 18-Apr-14 21:24:58

Thx all for tips! Do you think those animal stickers would work on the walls!

Like this: www.amazon.co.uk/Monkey-Giraffe-Nursery-Jungle-Stickers/dp/B00B39FE0I

icklekid Sat 19-Apr-14 06:00:27

We have very similar wall stickers and love ours tbusmile go for it- makes the room really fun!

twinklestar2 Mon 21-Apr-14 19:31:15

Where did you get yours from ickle?

squizita Mon 21-Apr-14 19:48:43

Oh those monkeys are super cute! I would love a zoo/safari theme. Also saw a delightful sea/pirates/tropical one...

But we're a way off yet. We just emptied our home office - the plaster is in a terrible state so that's our May bank holiday sorted. DH suggested paying a man though.... Fine by me! smile

ithoughtofitfirst Mon 21-Apr-14 20:28:17

We've painted ours baby blue (way too early but It's a long story) and have teamed it with beige polka dot roman blind and plain beige bedding and white furniture. If it's a girl we'll just add in a more feminine colour. IKEA have got lush pinky peach patterned cushions that we could transform the room cheaply. If it's a boy i'll put red and navy with it and it will match my son's room. Voila.

icklekid Mon 21-Apr-14 21:13:58

Ours were from not on the high street www.notonthehighstreet.com/parkinsinteriors/product/monkey-tree-and-branch-vine
You can get similar on ebay for less though I just loved these!

boopdoop Mon 21-Apr-14 23:27:46

We got wall stickers from www.vinylimpression.co.uk - loads if great ideas ( we did the jungle theme), great quality and not that expensive. Would really recommend.

Boogles91 Mon 21-Apr-14 23:58:14

Ebay have some goergus bedding sets!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now